The penguins stay when all other creatures have fled because each guards a treasurea single egg rested on the top of its feet and kept warm beneath the downy bulge of its stomach. There is no food and no water for them. And they will not see the sun

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

We heard the sad news that Parekura Horomia died at his home in Tolaga Bay, this afternoon. He was 62. He had problems with his weight and tried for many years to improve his health but recently he had not been very well. He had been a Labour Party M

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. President Obama now turns his attention to financial reform after his victory last month on health care. He met Wednesday with congressional leaders from both parties at the White House. Republicans a

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Corn Maze Craze; Skydive and SpaceX; Songs From Above Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. Im June Simms. On our show this week, we tell about sky divers and space flight. We also play some sky and space songs. But fir

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十)月

By Cathy Majtenyi Nairobi 24 May 2006 Mwai Kibaki (file photo) The United States has banned a former aide to Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki and three prominent Kenyan businessmen from entering the United States under U.S. anti-corruption legislation.

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

By Nazzy Beglari Cairo 24 February 2006 watch report on Youssra Known as the

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(二月)

USAmbassadorPromisesNottoAbandonAfghanistan Following the attacks of September 11, 2001, the United States began a new engagement in the Muslim world. One of the key architects of that engagement is the newly-appointed U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan,

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

UNCalledontoFulfillFamilyPlanningPromises Its estimated that every year nearly 360,000 women die from pregnancy-related causes. Most of the deaths are in sub-Saharan Africa. As the United Nations General Assembly opens a new session, its being called

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

The funeral was for Sanea Jaleh, a 26-year-old student who was killed on Monday. Both the government and the opposition in Iran say Jaleh is a martyr and that he supported their cause. Both have blamed the other for his death. The rally on Monday was

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Love, Simon, is your typical teenage rom-com - a boy, a mystery love interest, misunderstandings, treachery and, of course, annoying and goofy teachers. The title character, Simon, is, in fact, deliberately typical. (SOUNDB

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Here's a recipe for romantic comedy. Take two people... (SOUNDBITE OF FILM, WHEN HARRY MET SALLY...) MICHELLE NICASTRO: (As Amanda) Sally, this is Harry Burns. Harry, this is Sally Albright. BILLY CRYSTAL: (As Harry Burns) Nice to

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Day 10. And the mother has let her cubs a mile from the den. Its time to put them to the test. Theyve grown enormously in confidence, but they dont have their mothers sense of urgency. At last it seems that they are ready for their journey. And they

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Midsummer on the tundra and the sun does not set. At these altitudes, the suns rays are glancing and not enough of their energy reaches the ground to enable trees to grow. Youll need to travel five hundred miles south from here before that is possibl

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

The advance of the seasons brings constant change. As the suns influence diminishes in the north, so the deciduous forests of America begin to shut down, losing their leaves in preparation for the dark, cold months ahead. One season hands over to ano

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Deer are frequent casulties of the harsh winter. And these leopards are not above scavenging from a corpse. African leopards could never survive here. But the Russian cats have thick fur to shied them from the cold. There are only 40 Amur leopards le

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

By Martin Secrest Washington, D.C. 06 February 2007 watch Vaccine report Bird flu continues to worry Asia. The H5N1 virus killed 4,000 chickens in southern Japan in recent weeks. The virus has also been reported recently in Indonesia, Thailand, Chin

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

今天我们要学的词是promising。 Promising, 有希望的,有前途的。 He is a promising young man, 这个年轻人前途无量。 The scandal almost put an end to his promising career in politics, 这一丑闻差点儿给他在政治领域内

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

My bedroom is very messy at the moment. I'm not too happy with it. I'm just looking around and trying to work myself up to actually cleaning it. Em, but I don't like cleaning my bedroom. Sometimes I like it when I tidy things up and I find things tha

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The European Union is hosting its first meeting to address the problems of the Roma community, which suffers from discrimination and poverty. Lisa Bryant reports from Paris that rights groups hope it will lead to a more inclusive policy for these pe

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

An Internet video supposedly showing missing Iranian nuclear physicist Shahram Amiri Share This A man who Iran claims is a missing nuclear scientist has turned up at the Iranian interests section of the Pakistani embassy in Washington. Pakistani fore

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月