System Recognizes People From Body Shape, Walking Movements China is developing a system that recognizes individuals by their body shape and walking movements. Systems that recognize human faces are already being used to identify people in crowds or

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

AS IT IS 2016-04-30 Bison: America's New National Mammal? 美国最新国家级哺乳动物:美洲野牛 This is Whats Trending Today. 以下是今日新鲜事。 The bald eagle is the only national animal of the United States. 秃鹰是美国唯一的

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Artificial intelligence, or AI, provides machines with human-like cognitive abilities that enable them to solve complex problems. The world's technology giants have started to carve out their own priorities for AI development and have started fiercel

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Jimmy Stewart,as Elwood P.Dowd in the movie Harvey got it exactly right. (Now, forgive me, I don't believe in jimmy Stenart's story very well, but...)Years ago my mother used to say to me, 'In this world, Elwwod, you must be...she always used to call

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Artificial intelligence, or AI, provides machines with human-like cognitive abilities that enable them to solve complex problems. The world's technology giants have started to carve out their own priorities for AI development and have started fiercel

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Exiled Artist Uses Art to Save Memories of Syria Syrian-born artist Mohamad Hafez saves memories of his home country through dioramas. His models show life in Syria, both before and during the current conflict. Hafez uses little pieces of metal, wood

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Can Facial Recognition Help Prevent School Shootings? American education officials have sought new ways to make schools more secure following several deadly shootings in recent years. One of them took place in February at Marjory Stoneman Douglas Hig

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

By Cathy Majtenyi Kenyan Nobel Peace Prize winner, Wangari Maathai, Monday spoke against widespread practices, such as forest farming, that, she says, are responsible for deforestation in her country.

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

. President Bush has extended formal recognition to Kosovo, ignoring protests by Serbia and Russia. Kosovo's leaders have sent letters to 192 countries asking for recognition. Britain, France and Germany were among the countries that backed the requ

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(二)月

1. Churchgoers are remembering the victims of the Northern Illinois University shooting rampage. Members at First Baptist Church of Dekalb passed out red ribbons to several dozen people attending this mourning service. A gunman killed five students

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(二)月

Technology Report - Living in a World With Facial Recognition 科技报道 - 面部识别软件正走进我们的生活 This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语科技报道。 A new study looks at privacy i

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(227) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

AS IT IS 2016-06-03 Americans Use Orange to Protest Gun Violence 美国用橙色抵制枪支暴力分享到: This is Whats Trending Today 以下是今日新鲜事。 Americans observed Gun Violence Awareness Day on Thursday. 本周四,美国人庆祝

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Israeli Movie Features Father-Son Rivalry Minister of Education: Professor Shkolnik? Congratulations. Uriel Shkolnik: Let me get this straight. You called my father by mistake? Academician: And the minister congratulated him thinking she was talking

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

We have writers who aren't working, writers who are suffering from poverty, writers without social security, Ben Hassine Lassaad A newly-formed writers' syndicate in Tunisia is calling for the government there to provide more benefits for its members

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

AU'sSlowRecognitionofNTCPromptsCallsforReform The African Union has finally recognized Libya's National Transitional Council, dealing another blow to ousted leader Moammar Gadhafi. Some African leaders say the delay in acting on Libya shows the Afric

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Martin: Hey Tom, where've you been lately? Tom: Oh, I've been doing loads of job interviews. You know I'm graduating soon. I've just got to work out what to do next. I'm torn between a big company and a small company. Martin: Really? Personally I wou

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Topic 1-160,000 restaurants closed within half a year in first-tier cities Food and drinks are basic needs of a human being. In a country with a population of 1.3 billion, China's catering industry should have a huge market. However, data shows that

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Having spring around makes you feel different after such a long winter journey. How well do you feel when you have a little bit of sunshine in your life? What effect does it do have on our psyche? The power of sunshine brings us a lot of comfort, op

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(230) / 评论(0) 分类 摘取梦想的启蒙星

The United Nations has officially launched 2013 as the International Year of Quinoa and congratulated Bolivian President Evo Morales for his work in promoting the ancient grain in international markets. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon delivered a co

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

本期内容: 13 female cyclists completed the 2018 Tour de France over the same mountains on the same 3,351-kilometer (2,082-mile) route before the men do. What these amateur female cyclists hope for, instead of winning the trophy, is recognition,

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读