The Federal Opposition says it would be happy to fight a double dissolution election over proposed changes to private health insurance. The Senate has given the government another double dissolution election trigger by blocking legislation to means t

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2010年

The first wave of goverment rebate checks would direct deposited Monday, the IRS says seven and a half million tax payers could receive their stimulus payment by the end of the week, it's all part of a 168 billion dollar plan to boost spending and t

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(四)月

AS IT IS - Some encouraging health news Hello. Thank you for joining us. Im Jim Tedder in Washington. Today we travel to South Africa to examine police violence. We will also hear about pirates in Puntland and Somalia. But first, some encouraging hea

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Emergency workers are searching for more victims from deadly storms that raked Arkansas yesterday. At least eight people are dead and more are hurt in four more states. Dozens of homes have been damaged or destroyed. And the National Weather Service

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台五月

From the CNN center in Atlanta, I'm Nicole Lapin. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. President Obama has approved the creation of an elite team to interrogate terror suspects. The Washington Post is now reporting that the new unit wi

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(八)月

1. What reason does the girl give for needing a cellphone? A. She can use it to check her email. B. She can call family in case of an emergency. C. She can make cheaper long-distance calls with it. 2.What is one major feature of the calling plan? A.

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. It's not every day that Americans look forward to hearing from the Internal Revenue Service, but over the past few weeks many Americans have received a letter from the IRS with some good news. The letters explain that mi

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

Good afternoon, I'm Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Authorities are calling it the worst crime in Austria. This 73-year-old man is now in custody. And police say he has confessed to imp

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(四)月

No.26 making concession Dialogue 1 A: I really hope to reach an agreement with you today that is suitable and beneficial for us both. I've thought through a lot of these details, and I hope we can have a chance to discuss them and result any differe

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语口语

to yield 3% 存款 to deposit in a bank/to put in a bank/to place on deposit/to make deposit 在银行存款 to have money in a bank/to have a bank account/to have money on deposit 向银行提款 to

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

Good morning. From the CNN Center here in Atlanta. I am Melissa Long. It is a Monday. It is the third of August. Heres a look at some of the stories happening Now In The News. State Department now trying to figure out where the Iranian government is

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(八)月

Police Improve Community Relations in Los Angeles 洛杉矶警察改善与社会关系 From VOA Learning English, welcome to This Is America in Special English. Im Kelly Jean Kelly. And Im Jim Tedder. Today we take you to Los Angeles, California. We

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

AS IT IS 2016-07-08 Noahs Ark Theme Park Opens in Kentucky 诺亚方舟主题公园在肯塔基州开幕 A large model of the boat that many people believe saved Noah, his family and animals from the Biblical flood officially opened Thursday. The boa

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

China's richest man, on a buying spree in Hollywood, urged U.S. filmmakers to work more closely with the Asian country as he unveiled a subsidy meant to lure productions to his multi-billion dollar studio in the eastern Chinese city of Qingdao. 在好莱

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Today's topics: Bob Dylan, More interjections, in vs. into, indeed, mail-in rebate, on time vs. in time, administer vs. manage vs. administrate Words: Oh-oh! Ouch! Whew! Brr! D'oh!

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Good afternoon, Im Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Heres a look at whats happening NOW IN THE NEWS. President Bush is talking about the US economy in suburban St. Louis today. He toured a technology company that has benefited from tax b

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(五)月

核心句型: Nothing of the sort! 没那回事! Nothing of the sort!同Nothing of the kind!一样,都表示:没有那种事,没那回事。因此,当美国人说nothing of the sort!时,他/她要表达的意思就是:That kind of thing

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

commission 佣金;委员会 Commission des Operations de Bourse of France 法国证券事务监察委员会 commission house 佣金行;代办行 commission payable 须付的佣金 commission rebat

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

reasonable expenses 合理费用 reassessment 重新评税;重新评定 rebate 回佣;回扣;退款 rebate of interest 利息回扣 rebound 回升;反弹 rebound in prices 价格回升 rebound

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

Oprah: You are a very good reporter. Leo: Thank you very much. Oprah: Because in, in the earlier show, when you're asking a guy about the hybrid costs, how you know you are good. When I as a viewer, I

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录