Lesson 12 Life on a desert island 荒岛生活 Listen to the tape then answer the question below. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 What was exceptional about the two men's stay on the desert island? Most of us have formed an unrealistic picture

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(526) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第三册

One of the odder coincidences of physical geography is the fact that there are two double islands, roughly the same size, positioned at each other's antipodes, or farthest-distant point. The islands o

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(398) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄高级美国英语

When you think of the islands, you probably picture beaches and palm trees and green golf courses. But many American citizens and companies see 1) a different kind of green there, money. This week, th

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

The Island of Mauritius God first made Mauritius and from it, he created Paradise. Mark Twain 1896 Where is it? Over ten million years ago, the waters of the Indian Ocean boiled. Massive volcanoes erupted miles underneath the surface. Huge amounts of

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

The island had many trees and animals. One day, many people in small boats came to live on the island. They went into the woods. They hunted the animals. They killed many animals the first six months. Maybe we are killing too many animals, said Jacob

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Yesterday Waiheke Island was in the news because of fire. Listen to Jan 24th 2013 to hear more about this. Today an outdoor sculpture exhibition opens in Waiheke Island. It runs for three weeks. Sculptures are along a 2.5km path on the coast. This ex

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

The next morning the rain had stopped, and it was a beautiful day. First, the four children went swimming. Then, after breakfast they started out with the big kettle to explore again. Lets go down to the very end of the island today, said Henry. Ill

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2 Surprise Island 奇异岛

17 man is a lonely island

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

By Shelley Gollust and Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: November 3, 2003 (THEME) VOICE ONE: Millions of people came through Ellis Island on their way to new lives in the United States. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-美国人文故事

A new study suggests bones found on a Pacific Island in 1940 were likely those of famous American pilot Amelia Earhart. If true, the findings would end a long debate over what happened to Earhart. She disappeared in 1937 over the southern Pacific Oce

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Storms and tides are uncovering long-hidden human remains on New Yorks Hart Island. The island is a place where New Yorkers who have little money when they die have been buried for 150 years. Now, skulls and other bones mark the ground of small piece

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Hip hip Hip hip Hip hip Hip hip When you're on a holiday You can't find the words to say All the things that come to you And I wanna feel it too On an island in the sun We'll be playing and having fun And it makes me feel so fine I can't control my

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

By Kari Barber Goree Island, Senegal 21 August 2007 Through 300 years of slavery in the West, millions of Africans passed through transit posts where they were divided from their families and sold to work as slaves in Europe and the Americas. One of

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

Alice: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English: well be talking about a story in the news and learning some vocabulary along the way. Im Alice and joining me today is Neil. Welcome, Neil. Neil: Hi there Alice. Alice: Now, Neil

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

In June, were washing in the water, we are walking to the sand. In the summer of a hard year, you are swinging both our hands, in Rhode Island. Rhode Island. Now we will go gleaming into tomorrow. I am leaning, leaning into tomorrow, from Rhode Islan

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

HAIKOU, Jan. 28 (Xinhua) -- China's aviation authorities(民航当局) on Friday started to allow helicopters to fly in low-altitude airspace over the tourist island of Hainan on a trial basis for the first time. The aim is to eventually open a part

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Strong winds and heavy rain have caused problems in many places in the North Island and the upper part of the South Island. About 16,000 homes in South Taranaki and Wanganui have no electricity as power poles and lines fell. 600 power lines are down.

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Tropical Island, Ohhhh Tropical island Ohhhh Feel the sea breeze waiting to lay you down just like a diamond Ohhhh Courageous peufis by design Blankets filled with iodine Lover come again just fine meet us in one day Ring ding battering ram Full disc

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

The Lonely Island是来自美国的一个嘻哈组合,这首新单曲是今年与Akon合作的,居然还是为庆祝新年发行的, 不过音乐确实很欢乐,大家唱的也很给力啦 I Just Had Sex The Lonely Island Ft. Akon (Andy Sambe

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得 10 到 30 积分的奖励 ! Thank you !

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 亡灵岛.Dead.Man's.Island