Lesson 10 Silicon valley 硅谷 First listen and then answer the following question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 What does the computer industry thrive on apart from anarchy? Technology trends may push Silicon Valley back to the future. Ca

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(943) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册

17 Louis Armstrong 17 路易斯阿姆斯特朗 Like most of the great innovators in jazz, Louis Armstrong is a small man. 像爵士界大多数创新者一样,路易斯阿姆斯特朗是个小个子。 But the extent of his influence across jazz, a

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之演员明星

But at the end of the day, we can have the most dedicated teachers, the most supportive parents, the best schools in the worldand none of it will make a difference, none of it will matter unless all of you fulfill your responsibilities, unless you sh

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

The tech world is buzzing over Apple's latest must-have gadget, the MacBook Wheel, a revolutionary new laptop that does away with the keyboard. Tech Trends reporter, Jeff Tate has more. Thanks, Andrea. Say goodbye to the keyboard and hello to the fut

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2009

Philadelphia Laundry Succeeds by Being Green When Gabriel Mandujano opened Wash Cycle Laundry in Philadelphia four years ago, the 26-year-old social innovator had three goals in mind: making a profit, developing community and staying green. Four year

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(八月)

Stay hungry. Stay foolish. 求知若饥 虚怀若愚 It's impossible to ask that how many people he deeply influenced directly or indirectly. 有无数人直接或间接地受到他的深刻影响 But it's certain that the Steve Jobs ripple effect wi

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Everyone in my family went to school here at Michigan: me, my brother, my Mom and Dad--all of us. My Dad actually got the quantity discount: all three and a half of his degrees are from here. His Ph.D. was in Communication Science because they though

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

If my Dad was alive today, the thing I think he would be most happy about is that Lucy and I have a baby in the hopper. I think he would been annoyed that I hadn't gotten my Ph. D yet (thanks, Michigan!). Dad was so full of insights, of excitement ab

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

苹果公司近期发布了一款革命性的无键盘的苹果笔记本电脑MacBook Wheel,其最大的卖点就是那个Wheel,传统的键盘被1个巨大触控圆盘(貌似iPod)代替了,但输入速度却可以用飞快来形容。 This world is buzzing over Apples latest must-have gadget, the MacBook Wheel,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 国外媒体新闻

7 Steve Jobs Quotes To Inspire Your Life 7句激励你的生活的史蒂夫.乔布斯名言 Steve Jobs is remembered as a tremendous innovator. He was a brilliant entrepreneur and amazing visionary. The former CEO of Apple was a leader and a legend.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

7 Steve Jobs Quotes To Inspire Your Life 7句激励你的生活的史蒂夫.乔布斯名言 Steve Jobs is remembered as a tremendous innovator. He was a brilliant entrepreneur and amazing visionary. The former CEO of Apple was a leader and a legend.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

AS IT IS 2016-06-13 Meet the Newest Robots Joining the Work Force 新型机器人加入劳动大军 Robots are not new to the industrial world. But as technology keeps getting better, more robots are helping humans in the workplace. Some of the world

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Innovator Nicholas Negroponte combines imagination, engineering and idealism to bring laptops to the world's children Adam Phillips | New York 22 February 2010 Related Links One Laptop Per Child MIT Media Lab Jerome Wiesner MIT Architecture School Ar

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

DAVID GREENE, HOST: One of the biggest names in retail a century ago was Sears, Roebuck Company. Sears was the amazon.com of its time, a booming innovator that spread merchandise and dreams across the country by mail order and department stores. Now,

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Most of our players have kept up the habits that they learned in this game. 大部分的游戏玩家保留了他们在游戏中形成的习惯 So, for the next world-saving game, 在接下来的一款拯救世界的游戏里 we decided to aim higher:

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

The tech world is buzzing over Apple's latest must-have gadget, the MacBook Wheel, a revolutionary new laptop that does away with the keyboard. Tech Trends reporter, Jeff Tate has more. Thanks, Andrea. Say goodbye to the keyboard and hello to the fut

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

JUDY WOODRUFF: Some thoughts now about the many legacies of Dean Smith on and off the court with sportswriter John Feinstein, who long covered Smith him and knew him well. He wrote about him today in The Washington Post and is working on a book about

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

The second China International Technology Fair has opened in Shanghai. The 3-day event is Chinas biggest platform for trading technologies. Hundreds of Chinese and foreign companies are attending, to show how technologies and services can improve peo

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年04月

Paul Farmer the Duke graduate I admire most I think most of you know him保罗.法默是我最钦佩的一位杜克毕业生我想你们大多数人都听说过他He's a doctor and a global health innovator He spends his time between Boston, Haiti, R

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Speaking to a major science and technology meeting, Xi Jinping said China should build itself into one of the most innovative countries by 2020, a leading innovator by 2030, and the best country in the world in the development of science and technolo

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台