THIS IS AMERICA - Celebrating America's Birthday With Fireworks, Music, Picnics and ParadesBy Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 16:00:00 UTC (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VO

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(七)月

HEALTH REPORT - Indonesia Passes Vietnam as Nation With Most Bird Flu DeathsBy Caty Weaver Broadcast: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Indonesia Indonesia pass

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(八)月

Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. Im Doug Johnson. Today, Tony Riggs and I continue the story of the United States Constitution. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: In May of seventeen eighty-seven, a group of America's early

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(一)月

ANNOUNCER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION -- American history in VOA Special English. Detail from ''Washington as Statesman at the Constitutional Convention,'' by Junius Brutus Stearns, 1856 In May of seventeen eighty-seven, a group of America's

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(二)月

Officer: Your customs declaration card, please. 官员:请出示您的申报关税卡。 Visitor: Here it is. 游客:给你。 Office: Do you have anything to declare? 官员:您有什么东西要申报的吗? Visitor: I dont think so. I only

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 天天练口语

WORDS AND THEIR STORIES - All About Names: An Average Joe Was Walking Down the StreetBy Jill Moss Broadcast: Sunday, July 30, 2006 Now, the VOA Special English program, Words and Their Stories. A pers

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(七)月

Protests raging in Egypt over draft constitution approval

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

机场实用英语1. 入境英语 对语言不通的人来说,入境他国检验护照时,移民官的询问无疑是最紧张的时刻。身处异国本就心情紧张,若再加上语言不通,所有问题都莫宰样,那著实是會破坏旅

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语

Things You (Probably) Dont Know About the 4th of July 你可能不知道的7月4号 This day will be remembered in American history, wrote John Adams in 1776. People will honor it with fireworks and celebrations. He was talking about the second of Ju

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

当一个国家终于不再受其他国家的统治时,它重获了自由。这一天于是被称为独立日。 \Rob: Welcome to 6 Minute English with me Rob Neil: and me Neil. Rob: Today we're talking about national independence - that's when one

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

What I want for you奥巴马在即将上任之际,写了封公开信给两个尚未成年的女儿。 obama daughter亲爱的玛丽亚和萨莎: 这些是我想要让你们得到的东西:在一个梦想不受限制、无事不能成就的世界中

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

CAIRO, Nov. 23 (Xinhua) -- Egypt's President Mohamed Morsi said Friday that he doesn't align with a side against other one, even the opposition. Morsi made his statement in a speech before the Presidential palace al-Ethadeya, where tens of thousands

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

一 入关 麻烦请给我你的护照。 May I see your passport, please? 这是我的护照。 Here is my passport / Here it is. 旅行的目的为何? What's the purpose of your visit? (移民)(观光)(公务)。 (Immigrant)(Sigh

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

海关: Good afternoon. Welcome to America.下午好!欢迎您来美国. 弗兰克: Thanks.谢谢。 海关: May I see your passport and customs declaration form?请出示您的护照和海关申报表好吗? 弗兰克: Yes, here they are.好的,在

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1 I want a package deal including airfare and hotel. 我需要一个成套服务,包括机票和住宿 2 I'd like to change this ticket to the first cla . 我想把这张票换成头等车。 3 I'd like to reserve a sleeper to Chicago. 我要预订去

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The Declaration of Independence Think I could tell you that first sentence But then Im lost I can't begin to count the theories I've had pounded in my head That I forgot I don't remember all that Spanish Or the Gettysburg address But there is one spe

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Explanation: Every year on July 4, millions of Americans commemorate (or remember and honor) the day when the United States adopted (or approved) the Declaration of Independence and created a new country that was independent and no longer part of Gre

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

Explanation: The phrase life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness comes from the Declaration of Independence and it is something Americans talk a lot about. These words were written by Thomas Jefferson. He and the other men who wrote the Constituti

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

JUDY WOODRUFF: But first: At the United Nations General Assembly today, a first-of-its kind summit on refugees and migrants was held, led by the secretary-general, Ban Ki-Moon. Tomorrow, President Obama will lead a second meeting on the crisis. Willi

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Ryan Geertsma. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Todays Spotlight is on special da

发表于:2019-03-15 / 阅读(200) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight