INTRODUCTION TO ACT I Today on TUNING IN THE U.S.A., were on the road with Richard Stewart and Andreas Pappas. Andreas is a visitor from Greece, and he is a cousin of one of the Stewarts friends, Alexandra Pappas. Richard and Andreas are traveling to

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 欢乐美语

INTRODUCTION TO ACT I Today on TUNING IN THE U.S.A., Richard Stewart and his friend Andreas Pappas are in Nashville, Tennessee. Nashville is the center of the country-music industry. Outside a famous country-music theater, they meet a musician. Jim C

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 欢乐美语

走遍美国,ACT III I'm so glad everyone is asleep. 很高兴大家都睡了。 I thought Max would be crying, and everybody would be awake. 我还以为Max会哭个不停,让大家都睡不着。 What did I te

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台二月

22 Wiring Money to Another Country GLOSSARY emergency an unexpected situation that requires immediate action or animmediate response because it is dangerous or will have other seriousconsequences or results * If you have a medical emergency, call 9-1

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

走遍美国,ACT II Oh, I love it! 哦,我太喜欢了! I love it! 我太喜欢它了! To be away from the city on such a beautiful day 在这样美好的一天远离都市 is my idea of heaven! 正是我所想

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 走遍美国 Family Album U.S.A

I dont like John, she told her husband. Why dont you like John? he asked his wife. She said that John said bad things about Americans. He said Americans are lazy. He said Americans are greedy. He said Americans are selfish. He said Americans are unfr

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

By Katherine Cole Tres Chicas is a rarity on the music charts: A vocal group in which all three singers are frontwomen in their own right. And don't get ready to rumba, because despite their Latin nam

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--文化艺术

Country music frames a new romantic drama starring Gwyneth Paltrow as a Nashville diva trying to come back after personal tragedy sidetracks her career. Here's a look at Country Strong. Nashville's Kelly Canter left rehab early this morning. You reme

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

Education Report - American Documents the Countrys First Exchange Students from China This the VOA Special English Education Report. Many thousands of Chinese are studying at schools in the United States. And writer Liel Leibovitz says the students a

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Jimmy Dean smiles while he gets ready for a taping of his show The Jimmy Dean Show in a New York studio, 2 April 1964 Country singer, actor and sausage entrepreneur Jimmy Dean died Sunday, June 13 at his home in Virginia. He was 81. Dean was one of C

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

Has best-selling pop and New Age pianist Jim Brickman gone country? Jim's new album Home reveals his seldom heard country music skills. Jim Brickman has performed on concert stages the world over, but never on one of the most famous stages of them al

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

Miranda Lambert celebrated her 27th birthday at the Country Music Association Awards by taking home three presents. They included Video of the Year, an award she shared with director Trey Fanjoy for The House That Built Me, Album of the Year for Revo

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十一)月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: One year ago, tens of thousands of women in Washington, D.C., put on these pink knitted hats of solidarity, and they marched down Pennsylvania Avenue. Similar marches happened around the world in dozens of other countries. It was

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Today for our series American Anthem... (SOUNDBITE OF SONG, GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.) LEE GREENWOOD: (Singing) And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. INSKEEP: God Bless The U.S.A. by country singer-songwrite

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Hello from the Country Corner Farm in Alpha, Illinois! For the past few days, I've been traveling to small towns and farm towns here in the heartland of this country. I sat down with small business owners in Gutenberg, Iowa; and ranchers and farmers

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

Well life on the farm is kinda laid back Aint much an old country boy like me cant hack Its early to rise, early in the sack Thank God Im a country boy Well a simple kinda life never did me no harm A raisin me a family and workin on a farm My days a

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

She's a hot little number in her pick-up truck Daddy's sweet money done jacked it up A party-all-nighter from South Carolina, a bad mamajama from down in Alabama She's a raging cajun, a lunatic from Brunswick, juicy Georgia peach With a thick souther

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Almost heaven, west virginia Blue ridge mountains, shenandoah river Life is old there, older than the trees Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze Country roads, take me home To the place, I be-long West virginia, mountain momma Take me ho

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

The Director of the State Council's Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office, Wang Guangya, says that the central government will always support Hong Kong and Macao, and stick to the One Country, Two Systems principle. I can responsibly say that policy in

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

Jeyong, Korea speaker I like living in cities more than the country because I like the crowndiness of people all busy walking around and especially like going to clubs, being with many people and talking to new people is something that I live very mu

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat