Sometimes I really doubt whether there is love between my parents. Every day they are very busy trying to earn money in order to pay the high tuition for my brother and me. They dont act in the romantic ways that I read in books or I see on TV. In t

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

Drought Threatens Turkana Way of Life in Kenya The Turkana region of Kenya is one of the areas hit hardest by drought in the Horn of Africa. A relief organization says while indigenous people are receiving emergency supplies to survive, their traditi

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

ENVIRONMENT REPORT - November 1, 2002: Shrinking Ozone Hole over Antarctica By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Australian researchers say the hole in the ozone layer o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

US Takes Action Against Cyber Theft Threat From VOA Learning English, this is the Technology Report in Special English. The United States has announced a plan to fight the quickly growing threat from cyber spies and Internet attackers known as hacker

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Funding Shortfalls Threaten Polio Eradication The WHO-sponsored World Health Assembly ended recentedly in Geneva, Switzerland, with the announcement of a new strategy to wipe out the polio virus forever. Organizers said global polio eradication has s

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

President Barack Obama is deciding whether to fire his commander in Afghanistan after the officer, General Stanley McChrystal, and his staff made derogatory statements about the president and other senior administration officials. The comments were m

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

West Africa's second-largest rainforest is under threat from illicit mining and hunting according to one of Liberia's top environmental officials. More than 20,000 people are thought to be living illegally in Liberia's Sapo National Park. As part of

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(二月)

US Crew Vigilant as Carrier Sails Through Strait of Hormuz Ready and vigilant, the battle group steams through the waterway where a fifth of the worlds oil passes. Tehran has threatened to block the strait, and warned U.S. ships not to come. For Navy

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Obama to Visit Senegal Amid Growing Sahel Terror Threat France blitzed into Mali in January with air strikes and 4,000 ground troops to push back a southern offensive by al-Qaida affiliates still active in the Sahel-Sahara region. There are no indica

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

Afghan, US Tensions Threaten Orderly Withdrawal Shouting death to America, hundreds of protestors recently traveled from Wardak province to the Afghan capital Kabul demanding the withdrawal of U.S. troops. Afghan President Hamid Karzai ordered U.S. S

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Italian Political Gridlock Threatens Euro Italians surprised the world, and perhaps themselves - splitting their vote among disgraced former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, a center-left coalition and a protest movement led by a former comedian. Th

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Drug-Resistant TB Threatens Europe The Olallo Project in Central London was set up to help homeless people from Central and Eastern Europe get back on their feet by helping them find a place to live and get a job. The charity has evolved, though, to

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Tourism, Development Threaten Burmese Lake Inle Lake is considered a jewel of Burma, where migrating birds, rare animal species and a handful of Burmese tribes share space around the 110 square kilometer freshwater reservoir. Now, a steady stream of

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(四月)

Somali Piracy Diminishes, but Networks Remain a Threat In the last decade, shipping off the coast of Somalia was subjected to relentless pirate attacks, the numbers peaking in 2011 with 176 reported cases. Now, though, international naval patrols and

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

BBC Learning English London Life Christmas at the Market Jackie:Hello! This is London Life, I'm Jackie Dalton. Christmas is approaching and, as usual, I haven't done my Christmas shopping yet I suppose thats because I hate doing it: the huge crowds,

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

YOUR NAME -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 555 Mockingbird Lane, Apt 125, Everett, WA 98203 (425) 555-8024 tingroom@126.com OBJECTIVE:Human Resource M

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The Weekend - Christmas Chronicles A: I hate working on Christmas Eve! Whoa! Get a load of this guy! Come in central, I think weve got ourselves a situation here. B: License and registration please. Have you been drinking tonight, sir? A: I had one o

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

We live amongst 200 billion stars, in the Milky Way galaxy, a vast cosmic city. The earth is located in a quiet neighborhood, in a safe neck of the woods. But what if we could take our planets on a journey through the galaxy? What wonders would be se

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

After the major earthquake in Christchurch on Tuesday, many countries offered help. Britain, the US, Australia, Singapore, Japan and Taiwan have all sent Search and Rescue people to help find those who are buried under collapsed buildings. They broug

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

今天我们要学的词是thrash。 Thrash, 做动词,有彻底击败的意思,用在体育比赛中。 We were thrashed by our arch-rival, 我们在跟死对头的比赛中输得很惨。在世界杯小组赛中, Germany thrashed Australia 4-

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃