By Benjamin Sand Islamabad 07 September 2007 The Pakistani government has reopened a corruption case against former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, and a court has ordered the arrest of Mr. Sharif's brother. The reopening of the case comes just three da

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

U.S. lawmakers returned to work on Monday, after midterm elections that shook the political landscape in favor of Republicans. Members of Congress have a lot of unfinished business to take care of in the remaining weeks of this year, including fundin

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十一)月

BBC Learning English Weekender Shappi Korsandi Stand up Callum:Hello, I'm Callum Robertson and this is Weekender. The Edinburgh International festival is a month-long arts and cultural festival held in August in Scotland's capital city, Edinburgh. A

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 Weekender

By Daniel Schearf Islamabad 04 October 2007 Former Pakistan prime minister Benazir Bhutto has said she is optimistic she will reach a power-sharing deal with President General Pervez Musharraf, a sharp turnaround from Wednesday when she said talks we

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: The head of the federal agency that guides presidents and top officials on ethics rules is resigning. Office of Government Ethics Director Walter Shaub Jr. began dueling with Donald Trump even before Trump became president. They

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: This week, the director of the Office of Government Ethics resigned. Walter Shaub Jr., who has tangled with the Trump administration over potential conflicts of interest, said, there isn't more I could accomplish. And he took a j

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

By Kent Klein Washington 21 April 2008 Grammy-winning pop singer Shakira is teaming up with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown to call for more global help in sending poor children to school. VOA's Kent Klein reports from Washington. The glamorous C

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

By Paul Sisco Washington 10 April 2008 A company called DriveCam has developed a camera system it claims is making streets safer in the U.S., Europe, South Africa and Asia. Once installed in vehicles, the cameras record traffic incidents. The recordi

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

By VOA News 05 January 2008 Voters in Georgia cast ballots Saturday to determine whether former President Mikhail Saakashvili will return to office. Early exit polls show thatMr. Saakashvili is poised to win a narrow margin. He needs to get 50 percen

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(328) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

By David Gollust State Department 08 January 2007 President Bush Monday completed a shake-up of key Iraq policy posts by nominating new U.S. ambassadors to the United Nations and Baghdad. The U.S. envoy to Iraq, Zalmay Khalizad, will take the United

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

46-year-old Chen Yihu and his son Chen Siyu go out to sea almost every day, despite the toil and hardship that fishing for a living often entails. They have to travel quite a distance from their home port in order to find a place where the tide is no

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

歌词: I'll leave the lights on, In case you come back, in case you come back I'm playing my old song God, I believe that, yes I believe that It's been too long, you now try to stay strong But you're one life away Do you hear me calling your name,

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Look at what you done done Baby you hit me so hard Don't know, how you did it Loco, is how I'm feeling Don't go, you're so addictive I cannot resist it Let's dance, let's take it to the next level No hands, more bass and more treble Tonight I wanna b

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲