The pigeons, terrified by the appearance of a Kite, called upon the Hawk to defend them. He at once consented. When they had admitted him into the cote, they found that he made more havoc and slew a larger number of them in one day than the Kite coul

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 Aesop’s Fables-伊索寓言

必背句型: A:If the contract is null and void,the remedy is to rescind it. 如果合同无效,救济方法是撤销合同。 B:And to put the parties in the position in which they were prior to the attempted agreement. 使双方当事人回复到协

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

必背句型: A:The lender has a remedy either in court or through repossession of the car. 贷方有诉诸法庭或重新占有汽车两种救济方法。 B:Which one will he choose? 他会选择哪种? He is either in the park or on the playgroun

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

必背句型: A:The classic remedy for copyright infringement is equitable relief. 传统的侵犯版权的救济是衡平法上的救济。 B:Can you explain the equitable relief? 你能解释一下衡平法上的救济吗? The traditional remedy

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

Topics: Woodstock Music Festival, Affirmative Action, hands-on vs. hand-off, to struggle, how to ask for a taxi, May I vs. Can I, to carpool Words: gathering overdose national anthem shiny affirmative remedy to be admitted race gender ethnicity rever

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

By Kari Barber Banjul, Gambia 21 February 2007 In a continent suffering from the AIDS epidemic, Gambian President Yayah Jammeh's claims of a cure for the disease are alarming public health workers already struggling against faith-healers dispensing

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

Study: Popular Herbal Remedy Doesn't Ease Enlarged Prostate Scientists investigating a popular herbal treatment for enlarged prostate, saw palmetto, have concluded it is no more effective than a placebo. That conclusion comes from a study which inclu

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Todd: OK, hey, Marion, how are you feeling today? Marion: I'm realy tired. Kind of, I don't know, my throat's really scratchy, so maybe I'm coming down with something. Todd: Oh, no. That's terrible. Are you taking anything for it? Marion: Actually, I

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

By Roger Wilkison Beijing 15 December 2006 watch video report by Mil Arcega The United States and China have agreed to try to redress imbalances in their economic relationship, which saw China achieve a $200 billion trade surplus last year. Top-leve

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十二月)