A: How may I help you today? B: I need to open a second account. A: What kind of account would you like to open? B: I need another savings account. A: Do you have another account with us? B: I sure do. A: Would you like to transfer money from that ac

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-银行

A: What can I do for you? B: I would like to open another account. A: What kind do you want to open? B: I want to open a savings account. A: Do you have an account opened with this bank already? B: Yes, I do. A: You can always transfer money from tha

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-银行

A: How can I help you? B: I want to open another account. A: What kind would you like to open? B: I would like to open a savings account. A: Do you already have an account with us? B: I have another savings account open already. A: Do you want to tra

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-银行

By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: July 5, 2003 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, In the News. 1)Palestinian 2)militants are demanding that 3)Israel free thousands of Palestinians or r

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-教育与新闻

By Sabina Castelfranco Yusuf Islam, formerly known as the rock star Cat Stevens, receives Man for Peace 2004 award. Nobel Peace Prize laureates have given a peace award to the controversial singer onc

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--文化艺术

IN THE NEWS - Europe and the Debt Crisis in Greece 新闻报道 - 希腊债务危机和欧洲的应对 This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道。 For months, people around the world have watched the s

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

The greater threat is that al-Qaida is adapting their methods in ways that often times make it difficult to detect. - CIA Director Leon Panetta America's top intelligence officials have delivered a sobering assessment to Congress, saying that the al-

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Jen Sharrin, Life After Peace Corps Y: 大家好,我是杨晨,欢迎您到美语咖啡屋! J: Hello everyone! I'm Jody! Welcome to American Cafe! Hey Yang Chen, what's that you're reading? Y: 噢!

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 美语咖啡屋

[AUTHENTICITY CERTIFIED: Text version below transcribed directly from audio. (2)] *Madam President and* Members of the General Assembly: When Secretary General Hammarskjold’s invitation to address t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 美国经典英文演讲100篇

Billy Wilder, 1906-2002: He Made Movies That People Will Never Forget Wilder made serious movies dealing with social issues as well as funny movies. VOICE ONE: I'm Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, P

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

THE MAKING OF A NATION - May 16, 2002: The War in Europe, Part 2 By David Jarmul VOICE 1: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (Theme) On June fifth, ninetee

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

THE MAKING OF A NATION - May 2, 2002: Pearl Harbor to Europe By David Jarmul VOICE 1: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (Theme) Japan's attack on Pearl Ha

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

IN THE NEWS - Fight Over Spending Is Just Beginning in Washington This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. A week ago, the United States government was preparing to suspend some of its operations for lack of a budget. But late last Friday, negotia

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

HIV Cure Raises Hope Tim Brown is one of only two people ever to be considered cured of HIV infection. But it was not easy. He also had leukemia. A bone marrow transplant from a donor with a rare mutation cured his HIV. The first transplant went well

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

BBC Learning English Weekender My Job Special Yvonne:Hello, Im Yvonne Archer and this is Weekender from bbclearningenglish.com! In todays programme, a My Job special as we hear about the work of a young woman named Sarah Niles. As you listen, try to

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 Weekender

Todd: Hey, Rebecca, I heard there's a new shopping center. Have you gone to the shopping center yet? Rebecca: Yeah, we went for the grand opening on Thursday. It was really, really crowded. Todd: I bet. Rebecca: Yeah. Lots of people around. Lots of s

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The U.S. Transportation Department is looking into complaints from some Toyota owners who say they are still experiencing problems with unintended acceleration even after repairs to their recalled vehicles. The complaints raise concerns that safety i

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

欧洲青少年的体重在过去15年里一直呈不断增加的趋势。目前,专家们将注意力集中在了由肥胖而引起的大量健康问题。 Around half a million children in Europe are suffering classic health problems of the middl

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Todd: Alexandra, you were saying that you can cook Cuban food. Alexandra: Yes, yes. It's very good stuff, and I've got one recipe that comes to mind that has to do with chicken and rice. You can take several pieces of chicken and boil them in water w

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Risking Death to Reach Safety in Europe The Mediterranean Sea was a deadliest stretch of water in 2011for refugees and migrants. The U.N. refugee agency, UNHCR, says more than 1500 people drowned or went missing while fleeing Africa for Europe. UNHCR

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)