Hunter waved at the Aldens and at Will and Wendy with his one free hand. He was walking at the edge of the ocean. He had a surfboard and a boogie board under his right arm. Hunter set his things down in the sand. When Benny reached him, he gave Benny

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 131 The Boardwalk Mystery

Broadcast: Jan 16, 2003 Experts say one of the world's most feared, but misunderstood, creatures is under 2) assault by fishermen. A new study of all types of sharks finds that there are fewer of them

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-科技先知

VOICE ONE: This is the VOA Special English program SCIENCE IN THE NEWS. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Doug Johnson. This week, we will tell about a drug treatment for stroke victims. We also will tell about a possible explanation for the myste

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(九)月

BARBARA KLEIN: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im Barbara Klein. BOB DOUGHTY: And Im Bob Doughty. Today we remember Hurricane Katrina and tell about the science of severe ocean storms. (MUSIC) BARBARA KLEIN: Many Americans are ob

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

If the salinity of ocean waters is analyzed, it is found to vary only slightly from place to place. Nevertheless, some of these small changes are important. There are three basic processes that cause a change in oceanic salinity. One of these is the

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 考研背诵50篇

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Severe Ocean Storms: Behind Nature's Power By Caty Weaver Broadcast: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Bob D

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

ENVIRONMENT REPORT – August 2, 2002: Navy Sonar and Ocean Animals By Caty Weaver This is the VOA Special English Environment Report. American officials have approved a plan for the United States Nav

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

my situation singing for nothing cos i have not feeling my ocean is dying when I'm falling without your direction did I tell you what I hear? oh that's so easy baby don't you want this then? take my faith away from me imagination oh my sweetie did I

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

UnderseaCableCouldRevolutionizeOceanography This past April, there was a big volcanic eruption in Americas Pacific Northwest. If you missed it, you're not alone. It happened under the ocean off the northern Oregon coast. Since then, several research

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Ocean Storms and the Science of Nature's Power CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Im Christopher Cruise. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith. Today we tell about the science of severe o

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Oregon Moves to Zone Ocean U.S. communities routinely use zoning laws to control where businesses may operate in a neighborhood. Now there's a move to zone the ocean. A number of coastal states and the federal government have fledgling plans to coord

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Elite Sailors Circle Globe in Volvo Ocean Race One of the toughest, most grueling events in sports offers no prize money, only a trophy. Its challenging, thrilling and dangerous. And takes a long time. The Volvo Ocean Race is a marathon sailing event

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

3D Gaming Technology Predicts Ocean Future The Nereus model incorporates climate change models, data related to human activities, and changes in the oceans food webs to calculate a timeline for harvestable marine life from 1960 to the year 2060. Nere

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Warm Ocean Accelerating Antarctic Ice Loss The study is the first comprehensive survey of all the Antarctic ice shelves, which are the 1.5 million square kilometers that fringe much of the frozen continent. Lead author Eric Rignot, a professor at the

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

In Africa, New Technologies Help Teach Women to Read 在非洲,新技术帮助教女人阅读 More Africans are communicating via text, social media and email. In Senegal, literacy experts are using the new technologies to motivate and teach women

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十月)

Researchers witnessed a spectacular fiery(炽热的) underwater volcano explosion and captured it on video. It's believed to be the deepest ocean volcano eruption ever recorded. The undersea Pacific Ocean explosions in May of this year were recor

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

By Paul Sisco Washington 05 September 2007 The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is entering an exciting new era of ocean research. A massive grant from the National Science Foundation is expected to change the way ocean science is done, and grea

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

Study: Warm Ocean Speeds Antarctic Melting The study's lead author, Hamish Pritchard, is a glaciologist with the British Antarctic Survey. In 1993, and again in 2003, he observed the collapse of two ice shelves on the Antarctic Peninsula. He says the

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

Hong Kong's tourism market is struggling, with the number of visitors from the mainland on the decline. Now Ocean Park, one of Hong Kongs top attractions, is stepping up efforts to lure more in. But they're not just focusing on the Mainland, but tour

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

I know what I'm doing may be dumb I know I should not be staring at the sun But the thought of it leads me to temptation It's the same whatever side you're on Separated we are delicate and small And the space, between us, leads my retention I see it

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲