The Atlantic Ocean The Atlantic Ocean is one of the oceans that separate the Old World from the New. For centuries it kept the Americas from being discovered by the people of Europe. It is more than 4,000 miles (6,000 km) wide where Columbus crossed

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

BBC Learning English Rio Life Ocean Race Callum:Hello I'm Callum Robertson and this is London Life or rather Rio life. Last week while in Brazil on business for BBC Learning English we caught up with organisers and crew of an international event tha

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

The first UN Ocean Conference runs from June 5 to June 9. [Photo: UN Photo/Tsagris] The first UN Ocean Conference has begun at UN headquarters in New York, calling for actions across the world to save and preserve the world's oceans and ocean resourc

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Over seventy per cent of the Earths surface is ocean. Many of our oceans are being damaged by human activity. On June 8, we recognize the importance of the oceans with World Ocean Day. This important day in the environmental calendar began on 8 June

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

The ocean is blue. The ocean is big. There are many fish in the ocean. There are big fish. There are small fish. There are fast fish and slow fish. The big fish eat the small fish. The fast fish eat the slow fish. The fishermen catch all the fish. Th

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 儿童英语小故事

Why Can We Hear the Sound of the Ocean in a Shell? 贝壳传来海洋之音? Most children have probably wondered at the noise of roaring ocean waves magically captured inside seashells held up to their ears. According to popular belief, anyone luc

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Its often said we know more about the moon than we do about the depths of the ocean. There is a lot we dont know about the H2O that covers much of the planet. Now were getting closer, though, to an important understanding: Just how deep are the ocean

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Tell me what you're crying for 请告诉我你为何泪如雨下 I'll wipe your tears, oh love 我将为你拭去泪水我的挚爱 If your soul is aching love 若你的灵魂为爱隐隐作痛 I'll comfort you for sure 我定会为你安抚你受伤的

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Oh no 哦不 See you walking round like it's a funeral看你走路的姿势就像身处葬礼之中 Not so serious girl why those feet cold?别这么认真嘛姑娘 We just getting started don't you tip toe我们才刚认识你何不谨慎一点 tip

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Ocean Floor Reveals Past Climate Changes Time capsule Lamont research professor Maureen Raymo, the director of the Core Repository, slides open a long, narrow drawer from the cabinet. Like thousands of others here, the drawer contains a long, thin cy

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Ocean Floor is Prime Target of Mining Industry The next great frontier for the mining industry could be hydrothermal vents that lie deep on the ocean floor. The super-hot flues create deposits of sulfide, which contain precious metals such as gold, s

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Baby oysters could be the canaries in the mine shaft for another dimension of global warming. Pacific Northwest scientists are studying how the oceans suck in excess carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. The process changes seawater chemistry - locally

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

look outside it's already light and the stars ran away with the night things we're said, words that we'll try forget. it's so hard to admit i know we've made mistakes i see through all the tears but that's what got us here if love is an ocean wide we

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Seismologists spend a lot of time listening to the earth. Ocean acoustic monitors have been providing information on the earths vibrations since the 1930s. But there are other sounds those monitors pick up as well, for instance those of waves and ch

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

AGRICULTURE REPORT - U.S. Seeks to Increase Ocean Fish Farming By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Most fish farming invol

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Spanish forces have captured six alleged pirates in the Indian Ocean, after the suspects attacked a Spanish navy ship. The Spanish defense ministry says pirates aboard a skiff (small boat) opened fire on the combat support ship Pati?o early Thursday.

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

By 2050, small fish could dominate(控制支配) the oceans because of the rapid decline of larger, predator fish. In a new report, the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization finds that one-third of the worlds fisheries are overexploited, depleted or

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Early sunlight slanted into the tree house. The cool breezesmelled of wild grass. Oh, man, said Jack. These are neat clothes.Their jeans and T-shirts had magically changed. Jack had on abuckskin shirt and pants. Annie wore a fringed buckskin dress. T

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

UK-based scientists are reporting the discovery of more than a hundred new species of marine plants and animals, including thirteen new crustaceans, as part of a deep-sea survey around the British territory of Bermuda in the Atlantic. CRI's Niu Hongl

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Darin《Sail the ocean》:孙燕姿《心愿》英文版完美演绎 Darin,全名Darin Zanyar,1987年6月2日出生于瑞典斯德哥尔摩的魏林比(V?llingby),父母是从伊拉克来的库尔德裔,瑞典歌手。2004年瑞典偶像比

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(321) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲