A new species of flying squirrel has been discovered in the jungles of Laos (map). When you hear of a new species being discoveredyou expect it to be small and hard to find. But as the name implies, the Laotian giant flying squirrel is not very tiny.

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

Survivors Remember Horror of Laos Dam Collapse Samled Inthavong of Attepeu Province, Laos, was trying to get his family into a boat when a building hit his house. A dam had collapsed several kilometers away and water was speeding toward Attepeu, pull

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Groups Urge Laos to Rethink Huge Hydropower Projects Environmental groups and researchers are calling on the government of Laos to carry out an open investigation of the deadly collapse of a large dam. On July 23, part of the Xe-Pian-Xe Namnoy hydrop

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Between 1964 and 1973, in an effort to prevent the movement of supplies, armaments and North Vietnamese fighters across neighboring territories and into Vietnam, the U.S. Air Force dropped over 270 million cluster bombs on Vietnam's western neighbor,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(9月)

Scientists Closer to Solving Plain of Jars Mystery A new group of human remains has been uncovered on the Plain of Jars in Laos. They are believed to date back to the Iron Age, some 2,500 years ago. The Plain of Jars is in the central Lao province of

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

AS IT IS 2014-12-20 Disagreement Over Lower Mekong River Dam Project A two-day meeting in Laos has left government officials and environmental activists deeply divided. The meeting was called to examine plans for a 260 megawatt dam on the Lower Mekon

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

The Hmong, who fear persecution by the Laotian government, have been living in a camp in northern Thailand. David Gollust | State Department 24 December 2009 Photo: AP Hmong refugees collect water at Huay Nam Khao village in Thailand's northeastern p

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Vietnamese officials are criticizing the Lao government's controversial plan to build a dam on the Mekong River. Analysts say opposition from Vietnam and other lower Mekong countries could force Laos to scale back its hydropower ambitions. Vietnamese

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

Todd:So you went to Thailand, right? 你去了泰国,是吗? Phil:Yep, I spent some time in Thailand. Unfortunately I didn't see very much of it. I saw Bangkok and Ko Samet. 对呀,我在泰国呆了一段时间。但不幸的是我并没有看到

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

The Lieu Tou School opened in 1937. It's the oldest Chinese school in the Lao capital of Vientiane. Upon his arrival on Friday, the Chinese Premier received a warm welcome. In a classroom, Li Keqiang encouraged the students to study Chinese thoroughl

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Hi, I'm Paddy Kim. In this edition we journey to Laos, what I would call a real hidden gem of a destination, located in Southeast Asia. We take you now to Luang Prabang. It's an ancient royal city that sits on the Mekong River, a place where you'll f

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

Sightseeing 带客观光 A:Are you doing anything special tomorrow? 你明天有什么特殊的安排吗? B:Yes, I mean to go downtown to do some shopping. What do you have in mind? 是的,我想去市里买些东西。你有什么主意吗? A:

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

Busted flush 好景不再 How a Sino-Lao special economic zone hit the skids 一个中国老挝边境经济特区如何走向衰落 May 26th 2011 | BOTEN, LAOS | from the print edition AT HOME and abroad, China is a byword for fast-track development,

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Typhoon Usagi Leaves Path of Death, Destruction Ron Corben Bangkok 13 Aug 2001 10:49 UTC Heavy floods and 1)mudslides have left dozens dead and tens of thousands homeless in Southeast Asia, as torrent

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(212) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(4)

VIENTIANE, June 23 (Xinhua) -- Cuban First Vice President Miguel Diaz-Canel Bermudez completed a two-day visit to Laos on Sunday during which he reaffirmed his government's commitment in furthering the strong relationship and cooperation between Laos

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

VOA新闻专有名词集合(人名、地名) 9 Kashmir 克什米尔 Kazakhstan 哈萨克斯坦 Kinshasa 金沙萨(扎伊尔共和国首都) kirghizia 吉尔吉斯斯坦 Kuala Lumpur 吉隆坡(马来西亚首都) Kuwait 科威特 Lebanon 黎

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Todd: So you went to Thailand, right? Phil: Yep, I spent some time in Thailand. Unfortunately I didn't see very much of it. I saw Bangkok and Ko Samet. Todd: Oh, OK. Those are, Ko Samet is a nice place. Phil: Ko Samet is really nice. Good swimming. T

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Reporter: The documents will see China invest in a pair of rail lines connecting northeast Thailand with Bangkok and the Thai port city of Rayong to the south of Bangkok. The two routes, which will total 870 kilometers, will later connect with the pl

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Sightseeing 带客观光 Are you doing anything special tomorrow? 你明天有什么特殊的安排吗? Yes, I mean to go downtown to do some shopping. 是的,我想去市里买些东西。 What do you have in mind? 你有什么主意吗? I was

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语话题王

Todd: So you went to Thailand, right? Phil: Yep, I spent some time in Thailand. Unfortunately I didn't see very much of it. I saw Bangkok and Ko Samet. Todd: Oh, OK. Those are, Ko Samet is a nice place. Phil: Ko Samet is really nice. Good swimming. T

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂