17 Describing Ones Taste in Music GLOSSARY mellow calm; tranquil; quiet; not very exciting or enthusiastic * After spending the last three nights at parties, Becca was looking forward to amellow night at home. bluesy related to a style of music known

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Even so, some in the music industry thought Apple might be able to help. 不过 有些唱片公司却相信苹果公司能助他们一臂之力 In 2002, a delegation of music executives travelled to Apple's headquarters 2002年 由各音乐公司主管

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

European Union consumer affairs commissioner Meglena Kuneva recently criticized Apple Incorporated's iTunes service. She told the German weekly magazine Focus Do you think it's fine that a CD plays in all CD players but that a song purchased from iT

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 初级商务英语听力2007

I never read food labels until I started going out with Wendy. Shes studying to be a nutritionist . When we go grocery shopping, she reads every label. _____________ Wendy: Youre not buying that, are you? Ichirou: Well, I was thinking about it. Why?

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Bernie: Oh, I'm in so much pain! Where is the medication we got from the pharmacy ? Gloria: It's right here, but we need to read the label first. Okay, these are the active ingredients and they seem okay. This warning says that we need to watch out f

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Health Report - Tobacco Companies Challenge Efforts in US, Australia This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Tobacco companies are fighting efforts in the United States and Australia to make their products less appealing. In Washington, a fede

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

By Paula Wolfson United Arab Emirates 13 January 2008 President Bush says Iran is the world's largest sponsor of terrorism, and a source of instability in the Middle East. VOA White House Correspondent Paula Wolfson reports in the only speech of his

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has hailed the British offensive in Afghanistan's Helmand province a success. But that call is getting a mixed reception as the British public grows weary of the country's involvement there. British Prime Minister Gordon

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(七月)

今天我们要学的词是excessive。 Excessive, 过度的。美国政府计划提出议案。 The planned legislation would allow the government to block excessive rate hikes by insurance companies, 拟议中的提案可以让政府有权制止医疗

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Now That Calorie Labels Are Federal Law, Will We Eat Less? MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: Calorie counts are now the law of the land. Beginning today, all restaurant chains with 20 or more locations must post calories on menus or menu boards. NPR's Allison

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Ever wonder how they determine how many calories are in food? Yael and Don explain it in this Moment of Science. Y: All right, Don. What are you doing? D: I'm using a bomb calorimeter to figure out how many calories are in my lunch. See, I put my san

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

This is Maori language week, a time to think about the survival of the Maori language and to encourage more people to use it. Listen to more about the purpose of Maori language week: July 29 2009 About 18,000 people are fluent in Maori but the number

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语