A: I would like high speed internet installed in my house. B: You have to make an appointment before we can come out and install it. A: I'd like to make an appointment right now. B: What day are you available? A: I would like to have it done this Fri

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-日常生活

Following a High-Profile Court Case Danny: Have you been following the Schirru case? Carol: Yeah, I have. I think hes guilty. Danny: Youre kidding, right? Hes innocent and this is a show trial. The district attorney is conducting a witch-hunt for his

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之日常生活

She was graduating from high school. She was excited. Graduation was in one week. She had to prepare for graduation. She went to the store. She bought make-up and hair products. She wanted to look her best. Next, she had to buy her graduation gown at

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

Ditto is one of the latest high-tech companies to set up shop in San Francisco, California. The company has designed an interactive platform using high tech facial recognition software where you can check your appearance when trying out spectacle fra

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Was it the trick of the light 是光线造成的错觉吗 or a shot in the dark 还是我盲目的猜测 was it hell or high water 是这重重险阻 that broke our hearts 令我们心碎难安么? was it something i said 是因为我说了什么吗

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Killed the demons of my mind 因为你的到来 Ever since you came around 那些厉鬼恶魔尽数被驱逐出我的脑海 We at river, running wild 脚边是奔流不息的河川 How could I have been so blind? 先前的我为什么就没有注意呢

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Last week a study of one hundred ninety-nine countries and territories confirmed what many people may have already noticed. People around the world are getting fatter. The study found that obesity has al

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Most American schools have boys and girls in the same classroom. But a public high school in the small, rural town of Boonsboro, Maryland, offers a special program. Top students in the ninth and tenth

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

DRC Misses Deadline for High Speed Internet Officially, the Democratic Republic Congo is about four months behind schedule to connect to the West African Cable System (WACS). This is not the first time the DRC has missed out on a high speed Internet

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

U-2 Spy Plane Still Flying High One of the oldest planes the United States Air Force still flies is used to carry out some of America's most sensitive and critical missions. Whether it's aiding NATO troops in Afghanistan, providing surveillance over

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

释义: High 高的,dry 干的 z干燥的; To be left behind; abandoned. Being in a helpless situation without a way to recover. 被遗忘,被抛弃,处于一个没有援助的处境中; Imagine driving to a friend's wedding, only for you

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

EDUCATION REPORT - High School Cyber Cafes By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Thursday, January 08, 2004 This is Bob Doughty with the VOA Special English Education Report. Cyber Café computer centers are f

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

A senior Chinese official has called for promoting high-quality development by pushing forward supply-side structural reform and accelerating the building of a modernized economy. CRI's Yu Yang has the story. Vice Premier Han Zheng made the remarks i

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Polls published on CCTV.com show the public is most concerned with medical and housing issues for the upcoming sessions of the NPC and the CPPCC. Education and an Olympic-driven boost to the Chinese economy are also high on the agenda. The annual se

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

Todd: OK, Sophie, we're going to talk about high school. What was high school like? Sophie: It was great. Lots of fun. Lots of friends. Learned quite a bit at school. Todd: So, what did you study in high school? Sophie: I studied mainly sciences actu

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

今天我们要学的词是high-five。 High-five, 举手击掌,相互致意。 The high-five was developed in the U.S. in the 1970s, 举手击掌是70年代美国开始流行的。 A high-five symbolizes joy, elation and power, 举手击掌代表高

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

High-Tech Device Reduces Risk of Hospital Infections This machine fires bursts of ultraviolet, or UV, light that penetrate the cells of micro-organisms and kill them. The organisms have no chance to adapt and gain immunity as they might with a chemic

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

In a nationwide survey by the China Dining Industry Association, high-end restaurants whose income mainly comes from business dinners fell by about 20 percent during the Spring Festival period. Liu Wei, a manager of a high-end restaurant in Beijing,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

The 150-kilometer railway, linking the capital Jakarta with Bandung in West Java, is being built by a joint venture between an Indonesia consortium of four state-owned companies and China Railway. Chinese State Councilor Wang Yong, who attended a gro

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

老爷子 David Bowie 复古新单《I'd Rather Be High(Venetian Mix)》!本次 MV 采用了第一次世界大战期间的多个珍贵视频镜头,其中包括军官与女士们戴着防毒面罩在舞池中翩翩起舞的片段。在那战火纷飞

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲