Topics: The Great Smoky Mountains National Park; Famous Songs: Oh! Susanna; whichever versus whatever; tar-and-feather; mutually exclusive Words: smoke old-growth forest salamander settler log cabin banjo true love still nonsensical dialect from memo

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

The Golden Bird 01 黄金鸟 01 A certain king had a beautiful garden, and in the garden stood a tree which bore golden apples. These apples were always counted, and about the time when they began to grow ripe it was found that every night one of them

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 牙牙学英语

Spring Song Spring is coming, spring is coming, Birdies, build your nest; Weave together straw and feather, Doing each your best. Spring is coming, spring is coming, Flowers are coming too: Pansies, lilies, daffodillies, Now are coming thought Sprin

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名著名段背诵精华

Do you know anyone else just like you? Sometimes we see two people who act or look or even think alike. It happens often enough that weve even got some expressions in English for it! The next time you see two people who look a lot alike, you can tell

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Words and Their Stories: Bird Words 鸟类词汇典故 Now, the VOA Special English program, WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 Today we explain some expressions about birds. For example, if something is f

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Hopeis the thing with feathersThat perches in the soulAnd sings the tune without the wordsAnd never stopsat all And sweetestin the Galeis heartAnd sore must be the stormThat could abash the little birdThat kept so many warm Ive heard it in the chill

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

It's time that I bought a new camera. I need a digital that has a decent zoom. I realized that the other day when I was outside, trying to get a good shot of two birds who were nesting. I had been busy throwing the ball to our dogs, when I saw a flas

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Todd: OK. Sophie, we're going to talk about opposites. OK. What is big? Sophie: An elephant. Todd: OK. What is small? Sophie: A mouse. Todd: A mouse, OK. Are you afraid of mice? Sophie: No, not actually. Todd: OK. What is expensive? Sophie: A yacht.

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

【俚语】 Speak the same language 有共同语言 【例句】 Were both obsessed with baseball, so we speak the same language. 我们都痴迷于棒球,所以有共同语言。 Be on the same wavelength (两人或多人)观点相投,合得来

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

The sun was going down as the three ponies galloped forhome. The deep blue sky was streaked with golden red light. Back at the Lakota camp, the circle of tepees glowed in thesetting sun. People were gathered around a large fire. Black Hawk led Jack a

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Ya?l: Hey, Don, How come a rooster is fancier than a hen? Don: Ummm! I dunno, Ya?l. So drivers can see it when it crosses the road. Y: Nice try, but males birds are more brightly colored and have more ornamented feathers than females for two reasons.

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16