by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is dragged versus drug. I've been renovating a condo, and last week I posted a message on Twitter that started out with the sentence I drug myself over to the condo. I was sharing this bit of information to get to the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - The Food and Drug Administration By Jill Moss Broadcast: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Sarah Long. VOICE

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

A United Nations report says Asia is becoming a major center for the cocaine trade. The UN report says Colombia remains the worlds top producer of cocaine. Yet the amount of the drug seized in Asia in 2016 was three times greater than the amount seiz

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – April 29, 2002: New Leishmaniasis Drug By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Doctors from the United States and Saudi Arabia have discovered a new tre

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: July 9, 2003 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Health Report. An American study has shown mixed results in testing the effects of a drug as a way to preven

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-环境与健康

Researchers Say Malaria Drug Could Also Treat Cancer Scientists know that human cancer cells grow by getting energy from adjacent tumors, where cells have begun to self-destruct. The spread of cancer is accelerated by the death of these cells. This p

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

China Daily Beijing Buses to Offer Wi-Fi It's been announced that more than 10,000 buses in Beijing will offer Wi-Fi service by the end of the year. More than 1,800 buses in Beijing have wireless internet access so far. The service followed a deal si

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Sixteen students from the Beijing Midi School of Music have been busted for drug use after police launched a surprise raid at the school. Authorities swooped into the Midi dorms on Tuesday, detaining suspects ranging in age from 17 to 29 after their

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

HEALTH REPORT - New Alzheimer's Drugs Tested By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 This is Phoebe Zimmermann with the VOA Special English Health Report. Researchers say two experimenta

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

HEALTH REPORT – New Tuberculosis Drug By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Health Report. Research scientists say they have discovered a

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(187) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

One of the biggest challenges in fighting tuberculosis comes from new drug-resistant(抗药性的) strains of the disease. And one of the main reason those strains have developed is that TB patients often don't take their standard, 14-pill, course of

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

NANJING, April 23 (Xinhua) -- At a time when almost every commodity in China is getting more expensive, the dwindling cost of medicine is a rarity. Zhang Jinkui, a hypertension patient, buys medicines from the community health center of his neighborh

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

China's drug retail sales hit 188 bln yuan BEIJING, Sept. 26 (Xinhua) -- China's drug retail sales reached 188.5 billion yuan (about 29.9 billion U.S. dollars) in 2011, according to figures released by the China Medical Pharmaceutical Material Associ

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I never take credit for God's healing in people. - PastorDaniel Negroni Nearly a year ago, Daniel Rocha, a television producer in the Washington area, received a death sentence. He had an aggressive form of pancreatic cancer that was spreading rapidl

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

BEIJING, Sep. 13 (Xinhuanet) --Experts have called for a national drug-control system after a nationwide deficit of a life-saving drug, which has lasted at least three months. Doctors at a Beijing hospital said some specialized hospitals, which perfo

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, April 1 (Xinhua) -- State Councilor Meng Jianzhu and Viktor Ivanov, director of Russia's Federal Narcotics Service, met on Sunday to discuss cooperative anti-drug efforts. Meng, who is also minister of public security, said China hopes both

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

小魔女Ke$ha最新打榜热歌:Your Love Is My Drug 新人Ke$ha的一首Tik Tok长期霸占Billboard榜单,同时刷新了由Lady Gaga创下的Hot 100榜单曲下载次数记录,这个小女生的实力还真是不容小觑。本周她的单曲

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

Sara Schonhardt | Jakarta 01 April 2010 Ginan Koesmayadi, HIV advocate, soccer coach Because drug users often engage in dangerous behaviors like sharing dirty needles, they are at more risk of becoming infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. M

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Voice 1 Hello. Im Ruby Jones. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 2 The drug got control of me and I could not stop.

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight