House Democrats reached a deal today on details of a health care bill. A vote in a key committee is now expected by the end of the week. NPR's Andrea Seabrook reports. Conservative Blue Dog Democrats bargained for changes to the bill going through t

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

The Capitol is certainly the center of American politics, but a new website from the Non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics shows that the Capitol is also a center of wealth. According to data on

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

The space gets tighter, more claustrophobic as people arrive. The squares quite large, but not enough to hold District 12s population of about eight thousand. Latecomers are directed to the adjacent streets, where they can watch the event on screens

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 饥饿游戏(英文版)

VOICE ONE: I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The United States Capitol in Washington, D.C., is one of the most recognized buildings in the world. Its design was influenced by the classical bui

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

朋友圈里的各种营销文章,屡次被证伪,隔段时间却又出来刷屏;娱乐圈里的各种绯闻,屡次被当事人否认,过不了几天却又登上微博热搜这些总是被反驳,却又总是再度出现的谎言就是僵尸谎

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

美国国会誓言将对恐怖行动进行报复 US Congress Vows Retribution David Swan Capitol Hill 12 Sep 2001 The U.S. Senate and House of Representatives have returned to work after Tuesday's ter

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

1. Republicans and Democrats are blaming each other after the super committee failed to reach a deficit reduction deal. President Obama warns that he'll veto any attempt to undo spending cuts that are now set to go into effect. 2. Protests are contin

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(十一月)

Topics: American Movies-The Fugitive; The United States Capitol Building; knowable versus scrutable versus tangible; to go through versus to get through; to man up Words: fugitive to be convicted to derail scandal series architect to inaugurate dome

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Ive been right not to cry. The station is swarming with reporters with their insectlike cameras trained directly on my face. But Ive had a lot of practice at wiping my face clean of emotions and I do this now. I catch a glimpse of myself on the telev

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 饥饿游戏(英文版)

今天我们要学的词组是shift。 Shift有改变、转变的意思。比如美国宣布加入有伊朗和叙利亚参加的有关伊拉克问题的高层谈判。白宫突然改变政策为外交活动打开了大门, The abrupt shift of polic

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

今天我们要学的词是hammer out。 To hammer out, 是经过深入讨论后做出决定的意思。全球最大的气候变化国际会议星期一在哥本哈根开幕。World leaders will try to hammer out a new global agreement to cut carbon

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

1. Lawmakers appear to be moving closer to a compromise that would prevent a government shutdown. Democrats say they are encouraged by efforts to narrow the gap on possible spending cuts. They will need to be in place by March 4th. 2. Pro-government

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(三月)

1. Democrats in the House may pass health care reform without actually voting on it. The idea is to vote on a rule for debate and that will be enough. Republicans are calling it sleight of hand *. 2. Crews in South Carolina are trying to figure out a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(三月)

今天我们要学的词是merger。 Merger, 意思是合并。美国第二大移动通讯运营商ATT计划用390亿美元收购T-Mobile. The planned merger will be the largest in 2011, 计划中的收购案将是2011年规模最大的。 ATT promis

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

歌曲 : Something About You 艺人 :Ferras 音乐星级 : ★★★★ 所属专辑 :Aliens Rainbows 发行年代 :2008 风格 :Pop Rock 相关介绍 : 歌手兼作曲家 Ferras 有着能够掀起风浪的出众才能,而制作人组合 the Matrix 和 Gary Clark 的加入使得Ferras的才能显得愈

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

今天我们要学的词是razor thin。 Razor, 是剃须刀,thin, 是薄的意思,象剃须刀那么薄,引申为极其微弱的意思。美国民主党争夺总统提名的希拉里.克林顿和巴拉克.奥巴马星期二进行党内初选的关

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

WHITE HOUSE President Barack Obama takes the oath of office for his second four-year term in a private White House ceremony. On Monday, Obama will be sworn in again, in public. The U.S. Constitution mandates that presidential terms expire at noon on

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

[00:01]Sm:My dear Senator, it may be customary out on the prairie to take French leave of people and not show up for five hours. [00:07]Sa:Oh, I'm very sorry about that, Miss Saunders. [00:10]You,you are Miss Saunders, aren't you? [00:11]Mo:Yea

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英美人天天都在说的4000句:跟着影视学最真实的口语

A jester of sorts you stand holding your courts Over minions on Capitol Hill In a bath full of blood I'm alone standing still Under God you can fire at will When the devil's angels come To take your life and lead you To the flames beneath Your headst

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Gale, who is eighteen and has been either helping or single-handedly feeding a family of five for seven years, will have his name in forty-two times.You can see why someone like Madge, who has never been at risk of needing a tessera, can set him off

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(184) / 评论(0) 分类 饥饿游戏(英文版)