PEOPLE IN AMERICA -March 31, 2002: Jack Benny By George Grow VOICE ONE: I’m Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And I’m Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we tell the st

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(191) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

That evening the Aldens decided to make a homemade dinner in their cabin. They made a delicious stew, and served it with hot rolls and salad. After dinner, they played cards out on the porch. After a while, Violet put down her last card. Want to play

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 50 The Mystery in the Cave

When the children came down to breakfast the next day, they were sleepier than usual. They were quieter than usual, too. Mrs. Frye tried to perk them up. Have some of my famous blueberry pancakes. Those will wake you up. Henry dug into a stack of pan

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 72 The Mystery in the Mall

After a night of dreams about John Finneys treasure, the Alden children awoke to breakfast on Toms front porch. Jessie and Violet both chose fresh fruit and toasted bagels. Benny chose his favorite, cereal and milk. Henry had scrambled eggs and crisp

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 70 The Mystery of the Pirate's

Do you think well find the mine by lunchtime? Benny asked Violet. She clambered over a rock in the trail, then held out her hand for her brother. I doubt it, Benny, Violet said. Luis said some people spend their whole lives looking for the mine. Ahea

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 52 The Mystery of the Lost Min

The Chuck Wagon looked especially festive that night. Country music played from the jukebox. Orange and yellow streamers looped the counter. A pink and green pi?ata in the shape of a bull hung from the ceiling. Wow! said Benny. Who did all this? Jake

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 52 The Mystery of the Lost Min

That evening, the Aldens went to the park as usual. Hannah greeted them as they came to change into their costumes. Do you realize we have only two more nights here in Greenfield? she asked. Really? said Henry. The week had gone by so quickly Tomorro

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 103 The Sword of the Silver Kn

Whats going on here? one man yelled. Why arent we moving? Henry climbed up on the tractor. The key was missing. Im sorry, everyone, he said. Perhaps the tractor is out of gas. Im sure the driver will be right back. I thought it was part of the joke t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 124 The Pumpkin Head Mystery

The Aldens followed the bike path through North Ridge Park on their way home from Cals house. The trees sheltered them from the wind, so it was easier pedaling here. The bike path became a narrow dirt trail through the thickest part of the woods and

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 113 The Box That Watch Found

The knocking on the caboose door grew louder and louder. Who can that be? Henry asked as he went to open the door. Oh, its Al! Come right in! Al said, I came to invite you to dinner at noon in our work-caboose. What fun! said Benny. Are you going to

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 11 Caboose Mystery

Mr. Alden was out on the grounds when his grandchildren spotted him. They couldnt wait to tell their grandfather about the map. Watch dashed over from the garden to greet the children. Watch has been whining for you children to come outdoors all morn

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 36 The Castle Mystery

The camp was quiet when the Aldens gathered at a picnic table down by the dock later that evening. Many of the campers used their free time to read and relax in their cabins, while others worked on their craft projects like painting, macrame, and pot

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 41 The Mystery of the Hidden B

As the Aldens drove up to the town hall in Oakdale Benny exclaimed, Look at the crowd! I never thought so many people would come to a town meeting. Grandfather smiled. He had been at town meetings before. Do you see Frank anywhere? Jessie asked. I ho

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery

There was a bulletin board in the store near the lockers where people kept their coats. On Friday morning all the store workers were crowded in front of the bulletin board. Whats going on? asked Benny. Toni said, Plenty! Next Wednesday afternoon, whe

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 19 Benny Uncovers a Mystery

Several days passed before the Aldens returned to the amusement park. The first place they stopped was at the concession stand. Oh, Sheila said, are you children back again? Yes! Benny said promptly, hopping up on the stool. We havent been here for t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 25 The Amusement Park Mystery

Doug Levine Grammy Award-winning jazz composer, saxophonist and bandleader Benny Carter died Saturday, July 12 in Los Angeles, California at age 95. He had been hospitalized for two weeks with bronchi

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--艺术专集

My, Im glad we have sweaters, said Henry. The wind blows harder up here. He pulled his brown sweater on over his head. The others put on their sweaters and then they sat down in a row, What a view! said Jessie. They looked out over the valley. They f

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 9 Mountain Top Mystery

The whole Alden family sat on the front porch reading. It was one of those hot vacation days in June. Supper was over and the sun had not yet set. Plenty of light to read by, said Benny as he took his favorite book to his favorite seat in the corner.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 10 Schoolhouse Mystery

I dont know what to do with myself, exclaimed Benny one day. Thats the first time Ive ever heard you say that, Benny Alden! said his older brother, Henry. Whats the matter with you? I tell you I dont know, repeated Benny. Ive got a whole summer vacat

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 17 Mystery Behind the Wall

Voice 1 Hello. Im Elizabeth Lickiss. Voice 2 And Im Mike Procter. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 How many musi

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight