Katyas blue eyes were like saucers. I followed you! she declared unbelievingly. You have been following me! Jessie let out the breath she had been holding. You looked scared when you first saw Katya, she said to him. Why? She reminded me of somebody,

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 73 The Gymnastics Mystery

A second man stepped into the clearing, his slim figure striped by shadows. He clasped a plastic box with a short antenna in both hands. He was younger than the other man and his hair was blond and straight. Benny stared at the two men. The bushy-hai

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 66 The Panther Mystery

After Mr. Lee had gone, Benny said, Ill tell you what lets do. Lets drive around behind the Tower House. If we go very slowly maybe we can see a back window. We wouldnt seem to be looking. Fine, said Henry. I cant believe those stories about a hundre

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 16 Mystery in the Sand

Dr. Osgood promised the family that they could all explore the cave in the morning. They went to bed feeling very much excited. Mr. Carter and David talked awhile before they went to sleep. David, whats on your mind? What are you afraid of? Mr. Carte

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 9 Mountain Top Mystery

It was nearly midnight when Benny came to a decision he just had to take one last look at the treasures from the dig. After making sure that Joe and Henry were sound asleep, he crept out of the bedroom and headed downstairs. He groped his way in the

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 37 The Mystery of the Lost Vil

That night, Benny had a dream. He was working in the Ice Cream Shoppe surrounded by cartons and cartons of all different kinds of ice cream banana, chocolate, raspberry, vanilla, blueberry, and peach. In his dream, Benny wore a big white chefs hat. H

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 46 The Chocolate Sundae Myster

By seven oclock on Saturday morning, the sun was up. It was a perfect day for an outdoor book sale. In just a couple hours, the Mystery Bookstore would be ready for its first customers. Its almost your last day in New Orleans, so I dont want to work

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 48 The Mystery Bookstore

One mystery was solved. Mr. Fogg had not had anything to do with the missing vase. But soon there was another mystery. Benny came early the next morning, but Toni and Doris were already in the store. Sam, the night watchman, had let them in before he

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 19 Benny Uncovers a Mystery

Benny saw Henry and Mr. Fogg go into Mr. Furmans office. He half expected to hear shouting and angry voices. There was nothing of the kind. Soon Mr. Fogg and Henry walked out together. Neither one looked angry or even upset. Benny couldnt imagine wha

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 19 Benny Uncovers a Mystery

On their way to work the next morning Benny and Henry talked about the mystery of the lockets. Henry said, No one could find out how the lockets got to the jewelry counter. At first it seemed as if someone was playing a joke. I know, said Benny. It d

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 19 Benny Uncovers a Mystery

It was just after lunch when the two Aldens met the man who had scowled at them earlier that day. This is Mr. Fogg, Mr. Furman said. Henry, you will be working with Mr. Fogg. He is the manager of the first floor. You can learn a lot from him. Henry s

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 19 Benny Uncovers a Mystery

Benny and Henry wondered how the first day at work would go. That question was still on their minds as they entered the store the next morning at half past nine. Toni was already there, sorting her change for the day. This is a good beginning. Youre

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 19 Benny Uncovers a Mystery

It was Wednesday morning, and Benny was busy unpacking notebooks and writing paper. Mr. Fogg came over to him. I have a delivery for Miss Douglas. Its a special order, and shes in a hurry for it. You know where Woodland Path is, dont you? I dont want

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 19 Benny Uncovers a Mystery

Monday morning was almost gone before Henry remembered the order for the glass vase. He checked with Mrs. Lester. No, Henry, I havent seen any package, Doris said. You might ask the other clerks. Sometimes a package is taken to the wrong department.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 19 Benny Uncovers a Mystery

That night, while Henry stood guard, everyone was restless. Jessie heard a barking dog, Violet heard an owl hoot, Benny heard a scolding squirrel, and Miguel heard the wind in the trees. The children tossed and turned all night, sitting up in bed at

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 21 The Deserted Library Myster

At last Jessie said, Lets do the dishes and go for a swim. Violet stood up on the sand and took her tray. She said, You know, I cant seem to forget Mr. Lee. He seems so interesting. And he comes past here every day with his dog, he says. Well see a l

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 16 Mystery in the Sand

While the Aldens were at the glass factory, Benny was walking through the woods. The path was very poor. Sometimes he thought that he was not on the path at alland he was right. Benny knew that he was supposed to go a mile, but he knew that he had wa

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 11 Caboose Mystery

Benny Alden was a boy who liked to see things happen. One day at breakfast he burst out, Those kids next door are the dumbest kids I ever saw! Grandfather Alden looked up in surprise. He said, That doesnt sound like you, Benny. You are usually a kind

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 14 Tree House Mystery

It was a hot, lazy morning, that last day of July. Not a leaf stirred in the huge maple tree in the Alden front yard. Even the birds were still. Henry Alden sat on the grass with his back against a tree trunk. He was holding a book he was supposed to

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 19 Benny Uncovers a Mystery

Blind Benny瞎本尼An out-of-towner accidentally drives his car into a deep ditch on the side of a country road. Luckily a farmer happened by with his big old horse named Benny. 一个外地人在乡村公路上开车时不小心开到了路边的沟渠

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人