THE MAKING OF A NATION - July 25, 2002: Harry Truman's Second Term By Jeri Watson VOICE 1: This is Doug Johnson. VOICE 2: And this is Phil Murray with THE MAKING OF A NATION, a VOA Special English pro

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(290) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

THE MAKING OF A NATION - June 27, 2002: Harry Truman By David Jarmul VOICE 1: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (Theme) The House of Representatives of th

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(309) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

J.K. Rowling (Author): I know that when I read books as a kid, the characters became part of my fantasy life. Margot Adler (Interviewer): Uh-huh. And you've lived with Harry Potter for more than ten y

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(185) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2001年

SECENE 1 Harry: He killed my parents, didn’t he, the one who gave me 2) this? You know Hagrid, I know you do. Hagrid: First, and understand this, Harry, ’cause it’s very important. Not all wizar

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

Harry Potter The Order of The Phoenix There are books ... and there’s Harry Potter! They’re the biggest phenomenon in the history of publishing: two hundred million copies about a boy who discover

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2003年

Anna: Hello, I'm Anna Jones and this is Entertainment. Today we're looking at the continuing popularity of the Harry Potter books written by the British author, JK Rowling. The seventh and final book in the series is due to be published soon and wil

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

Before you listen We suggest you do the vocabulary activity below before you listen. Then listen to the episode and do the first task to check your understanding. Finally, practise some vocabulary and grammar. Match the words and phrases in the boxes

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力 大城市小世界

Prince Harry has arrived back in London after his Afganistan adventure This wasn't the day he expected or wanted to come back, but back he had to come and quickly. Along with 170 other soldiers flown back from Afghanistan. Prince Harry's return beca

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Hello, Im Amber and this is bbclearningenglish.com. In Entertainment today, we listen to a review of the seventh, and last, Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which millions of children (and adults) rushed out to buy at midnight

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

Harry Potter is a boy wizard who has taken over the world. He is everywhere. No one had heard of Harry Potter before 1997. Thats when J.K. Rowling published her first book. Shes the creator of Harry Potter. The first novel was called Harry Potter and

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Harry Potter is a boy wizard who has taken over the world. He is everywhere. No one had heard of Harry Potter before 1997. Thats when J.K. Rowling published her first book. Shes the creator of Harry Potter. The first novel was called Harry Potter and

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-H

Would you like to take a holiday at Hogwarts? While fans of the fictional adventures of an English boy wizard are counting the days until the publication of the seventh and final Harry Potter book, a theme park inspired by Harry's adventures is to o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

VOA Learning English presents Americas Presidents. Today we are talking about Harry S. Truman. He became president of the United States in 1945, a few weeks before the end of World War II in Europe. Truman took office after Franklin Roosevelt died su

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

On The Atchison, Topeka and The Santa Fe - Harry Connick Jr. Do you hear that whistle down the line? I figure that it's engine number forty-nine She's the only one that'll sound that way On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe See the old smoke ris

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 奥斯卡最佳英文歌曲

DAVID GREENE, HOST: And, you know, there have been these musical acts over the years, like The Monkees, The Jackson 5, New Kids on The Block, 'NSync - all of them had one thing in common. They had individual members leave the group and try to find th

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: It's hard to remember a world before Harry Potter. The children's book series is a juggernaut that spawned a film series, a theme park, a Broadway play, a museum exhibit. ROBERTA OLSON: You enter the portal to Hogwarts. We

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

It was a few days before Christmas. Mum was in the kitchen preparing dinner. Harry and Rosie lay on the living room floor watching TV. I want that for Christmas, said Rosie as a Baby Cry-Cry appeared on the screen. And that, she added as a Magical Mu

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Fans of the wildly popular Harry Potter franchise are flocking to movie theaters around the world to see the last of eight films based on the books by British author J.K. Rowling. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is poised to set records

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

NEW YORK, July 11 (Xinhua) -- New York's Lincoln Center was crowded Monday with hundreds of fans who managed to grab a chance to view the premiere(首映式) of the final Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two. Some of

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(289) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Britain's Prince Harry has qualified to fly Apache attack helicopters in combat, finishing training as the best co-pilot gunner in his group. British Defense Ministry officials said Wednesday, Prince Harry, who is known in the military as Captain Wal

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻