Climate Change Talks End with Hope, Unresolved Issues 气候变化会谈上未解决的问题 Climate change talks ended Friday in Lima, Peru. The international negotiations included more than 10,000 particpants from about 200 countries. 气候变化会

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Pakistan Asks World Bank to Resolve Dispute With India 巴基斯坦要求中央银行解决其与印度的争端 Pakistan says it will ask the World Bank to resolve a dispute over construction of a co

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--全球经济要闻

nominated 被提名的;被任命的 operate 操作,开动(机器等),经营(厂矿) originate 创始,发明 organize 组织 overcome 克服(困难等) participate in 参加 perfect

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

WASHINGTON, DC In this week's address, President Obama discussed the crippling economic crisis harming 3.5 million Americans in Puerto Rico. Today, the island is spending over a third of its tax revenue on debt payments and on July 1, Puerto Rico is

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

throw money at the problem 花大钱解决问题 You are just throwing money at the problem. It's not good. 你只是在砸钱而已,这样不好。 The only thing we can do is to throw more money at the problem. 我们对付这个问题的唯一办法

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

2015年12月大学英语六级考试已经结束,今年四级作文题目之一虽然有信息发达的信息技术,但是要获得有用的信息依然困难 。关于科技类话题,2014年12月的六级作文考试也考过类似的题目,因

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

JUDY WOODRUFF: Next, a pair of education stories, one about too few children around the world going to school, the other on a promising pilot high school in the U.S. Lets start with a major global problem, especially pronounced in developing countrie

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

Members of the Harvard Family: Here in the Yard is one of the great collections of intellectual talent in the world. 哈佛大家庭的成员们,这个院子里在场的人们,你们是全世界最有智力的人类群体之一。 For what purpos

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Thirty years after Marshall made his address, which was thirty years ago, as my class graduated without me, technology was emerging that would make the world smaller, more open, more visible, less distant. 马歇尔发表这个演讲三十年后,也就

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

The final stepafter seeing the problem and finding an approachis to measure the impact of your work and share your successes and failures so that others learn from your efforts. 在发现问题和找到解决方法之后,就该进行最后一步评估

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

When an airplane crashes, officials immediately call a press conference. They promise to investigate, determine the cause, and prevent similar crashes in the future. 当一架飞机坠毁了,官员们会立刻召开新闻发布会,他们承诺进行

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

If we can find approaches that meet the needs of the poor in ways that generate profits for business and votes for politicians, we will have found a sustainable way to reduce inequity in the world. This task is open-ended. It can never be finished. B

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

We were shocked. We had assumed that if millions of children were dying and they could be saved, the world would make it a priority to discover and deliver the medicines to save them. But it did not. For under a dollar, there were interventions that

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

I left campus knowing little about the millions of young people cheated out of educational opportunities here in this country. And I knew nothing about the millions of people living in unspeakable poverty and disease in developing countries. 我离开校

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Harvard was a phenomenal experience for me. Academic life was fascinating. I used to sit in on lots of classes I hadn't even signed up for. And dorm life was terrific. I lived up at Radcliffe, in Currier House. There were always lots of people in my

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

But if you want to inspire people to participate, you have to show more than numbers; you have to convey the human impact of the work-so people can feel what saving a life means to the families affected. 但是,如果你想激励其他人参加你的

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

I am optimistic that we can do this, but I talk to skeptics who claim there is no hope. They say: Inequity has been with us since the beginning, and will be with us till the end-because people just don't care. I completely disagree. 在这个问题上,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

Harvard was a phenomenal experience for me. Academic life was fascinating. I used to sit in on lots of classes that I hadn't even signed up for. And dorm life was terrific. I lived up at Radcliffe, in Currier House. There were always lots of people i

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: And many in the rich countries, they think that oh, we can never end extreme poverty. Of course they think so, because they don't even know what has happened. 在许多富有国家中,他们觉得

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

We Can Work It Out - Sweetbox I can't see why everybody has to fight 我不明白为什么每个人都必须奋斗。 Cause two wrongs don't make a right 因为两个错误并不能变成一个正确。 A fall in life is justified 生命中的坎坷是

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音