Lowering the Ceiling on Roof Energy Losses Buildings consume about a third of the energy and two-thirds of the electricity in the U.S. Roofs are a good place to try to cut those figures. Because traditional black asphalt roofs heat up in summer and s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

和老美去酒吧喝酒聊天是件很有趣的事. 因为每当大家三杯下肚之后, 一些有的没的、不常不会讲的小秘密或是一些不为人知的心酸故事都可以在这时候听

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 小笨霖英语笔记

闲逛酒吧放轻松…/Pub Crawl A: Modern English.Is that Chris? 洋话连篇。你是Chris吗? B: Drew, how did you know it was me? Drew,你怎么知道是我? A: I guess so. What can I do f

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语抢先学

英文歌词: Ooh I need someone to hold me I need someone to take my hand Who always understands You will never that someone Who's always by my side To shelter me with pride I will keep searching till I've found Someone who never lets me down Someone t

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

a pint of:一品脱/一扎(啤酒)。在英国口语里,pint可以直接指啤酒,如:Do you fancy a pint? (想喝一杯吗?) IPA:India Pale Ale,又称印度麦啤,或印度淡艾尔啤。早在十九世纪,英国在全球殖民的鼎盛

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

阿美在美国认识了一个名叫吉米的朋友。阿美对美国的酒吧文化很感兴趣,于是吉米就带她来实地感受一下美国的酒吧文化。我们也来一起领略一下吧。 Listen Read Learn May: What's all the security check about, Jimmy? Does it mean the bar may be a dangerous place?

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

SCOTT: So, what would you like to drink? SYLVIA: I don't know. Do they have tea? SCOTT: What did you say? Tea? SYLVIA: Yes. Do they have any iced tea? SCOTT: No, I don't think so. This is a pub. SYLVI

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐英语

I dont know where Im at Im standing at the back and Im tired of waiting 我不知道我在哪 置身黑暗中 厌倦了等待 Im waiting here in line hoping that Ill find what Ive been chasing 我还在这里等待 渴盼找到 我所追寻 I shot fo

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Walk through any town or village in the Faroe Islands, located between Iceland and Scotland, and it will be hard not to notice the green grass roofed houses on every street. A local historian says, because of the lack of natural building resources on

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

The helicopter came down at about half-past-ten pm local time on Friday night, the busiest time of the week for the citys many bars and pubs. Eyewitnesses have reported multiple casualties but police have yet to release any details of injuries or dea

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年11月

Helicopter Crashes On Roof 直升飞机坠落屋顶 Police are investigating the cause of the crash 警方正在调查坠机事件的原因 A family and three aircrew escaped unhurt after a police helicopter spun out of the sky and crashed through th

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

中国国家主席习近平与英国前首相卡梅伦一起饮酒的那间英国乡村酒吧,已经被一家中资企业买走啦。习近平主席去年10月访问英国时,曾与卡梅伦在白金汉郡的一家酒吧饮酒品尝炸鱼和薯条。

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

2届格莱美奖最佳流行女歌手得主Sarah Mclachlan (莎拉-克劳克兰),以她独濯于一般泛泛流行乐的歌声以及创作,跳脱出流行商业机制的摆弄,仿佛从一处超越俗尘外的境地,将她对音乐与自我的执着,汇成一道清流注入歌坛。这首《Fallen》就在缥缈的背景上渲晕出深邃的美

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

水吧酒吧英语单词 bar 酒吧 counter 吧台 bar chair 酒吧椅 barman 酒吧男招待 barmaid 酒吧女招待 bottle opener 开瓶刀 corkscrew 酒钻 ice shaver 削冰器 ice maker 制冰机 ice bucket 小冰桶 ice tongs 冰勺夹 ice scoop 冰勺 cocktail shaker 调酒器 pouring meas

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Amazingly for the British, who love queues, there is no formal line-up----the bar staff are skilled at knowing whose turn it is. You are permitted to try to attract attention, but there are rules about how to do this. Do not call out tap coins on the

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

An online shopper has been left dumbfounded after a parcel he ordered was left wedged in his gutter - 20ft above his front door - by a bungling delivery company. 一个英国人在网购后被笨手笨脚的快递公司给惊呆了。他发现自己的

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A middle school in Shanghai's Xuhui district has introduced an innovative architectural feature for the benefit of its students: a basketball court, built on the school's rooftop. 上海徐汇区一所中学为给学生谋福利,推出了一创新建

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Chinese tourists have been turning up at David Cameron's local pub in their droves to eat fish and chips and drink real ale after their president visited for a pint. 在国家主席习近平在英国一小酒馆参观过后,成群的中国游客纷纷

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Buckminster Fuller and His Geodesic Dome 巴克敏斯特福乐和他的球型屋顶 Ever heard of a man named Buckminster Fuller, or Bucky, as his friends called him? R. Buckminster Fuller was a twentieth century scientist, philosopher , inventor, an

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Rain is essential for life, but too much of it can lead to flooding, causing sewers to overflow and carry contaminants to nearby river systems. 雨水是生命的必需品,但雨量太大会导致洪灾,下水道会积水外溢,并将污染物带

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(1542) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2019年(二月)