科学家研究黑巧克力对健康的好处 Dark chocolate is known to help prevent heart disease, but eating too much of it may be not so good for your body weight. But never fear! Scientists are looking for a way to concentrate dark chocolate's h

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年3月

模仿文本:For most of us scientists, myself included, the search for ultimate explanations leads us to define our questions ever more precisely, to zoom in on something and study it to the level of detail that non-scientists can find bewildering

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

科学家表示,试验证明,那些在尿样中被发现有高剂量NNAL(一种尼古丁衍生物)的吸烟者患癌症的可能性比那些尿样中NNAL剂量少的吸烟者患肺癌的可能性多一倍。而如果在尿样中同时发现高剂量的NNAL和另一种被称为Cotinine的尼古丁衍生物,这类人群患肺癌的可能性比尿样中

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 国外媒体新闻

No more second guessing! Blade Runner-style 'emotion detector' could reveal if a person REALLY finds you attractive on a first date 无需再次猜测!银翼杀手风格的情感探测器会告诉你,第一次约会时对方是否真的被你所吸

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Geneticist 遗传学家 If you mom's blood type is O and your dad's blood type is A. 如果你妈妈是O型血,你爸爸是A型血。 Your blood type must be either A or O. 那你不是A型血就是O型血。 How do we know this fact? 我们是怎么

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第11册

AS IT IS 2014-09-20 Scientists Discover Secrets of Coffee 科学家发现咖啡的秘密 An international team of researchers has created a sequence, or map, of the genes of the coffee plant known as Robusta. About one-third of the coffee drunk world

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(九)月

AS IT IS 2016-10-09 Scientists Create Realistic Model of Dinosaur 科学家制作逼真的恐龙模型 British scientists have created what they believe is the best three-dimensional model of a dinosaur ever built. They say the model is almost the ex

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十)月

AS IT IS 2016-07-08 Google Honors American Scientist Nettie Stevens Goole新Doodle致敬美国科学家内蒂史蒂文斯 This is Whats Trending Today The Internet search engine Google celebrated a woman scientist on Thursday. Her name might not be w

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Lasers Used to Chill, Instead of Heat 有史以来第一次:科学家使用激光冷却液体 University of Washington researchers say they used a laser to turn hot water into cool water. Five engineers from the university are the first in the 50-yea

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Scientists Warn of Threat to Coastal Reefs 科学家警告珊瑚礁受到威胁 American scientists are warning of a threat to the worlds coral and rocky reefs. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has identified four reasons for the t

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Scientists Create New Maps of Ocean Floor 科学家绘制新的海底地图 Until recently, scientists had mapped only about 20 percent of the sea floor. But our knowledge of the deep seas is changing because of information from satellites. Scientist

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Three Scientists Win Nobel Prize for Brain Research 进行大脑研究的三位科学家获得诺贝尔奖 From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. American-born British Scientist John O'Keefe and Norwegians May-Britt Moser and Edvard

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Five years ago, I experienced a bit of what it must have been like to be Alice in Wonderland. 五年前,我曾有过一个有如漫游爱丽丝仙境的经历。 Penn State asked me, a communications teacher, to teach a communications class for eng

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So I actually brought this up with my wife. 我也跟我的老婆提起过这件事, She's a musical instrument maker, and she does a lot of wood carving for a living. 她是一位乐器制造家,也把制作木雕当成一种职业。 So I asked

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

So one day I was hacking something, I was taking it apart, and I had this sudden idea: 有一天我正在拆解东西,我突然产生了这样的想法: You know, could I treat biology like hardware? 我能不能把生物体当作硬件? Could

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

I've got a confession. I love looking through people's garbage. 坦白地说,我喜欢翻看别人丢弃的垃圾。 Now, it's not some creepy thing. Okay. 这可不是什么怪癖。 I'm usually just looking for old electronics, stuff I can take t

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

As a leading member of the Acadmie Royale des Sciences, he was also required to take an informed and active interest in whatever was topicalhypnotism, prison reform, the respiration of insects, the water supply of Paris. It was in such a capacity in

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

David Reitze, executive director of the U.S.-based Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory, also known as LIGO, made the announcement in Washington D.C. Ladies and gentlemen, we have detected gravitational waves, we did it! The gravitatio

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The number of people living past 100 has soared by 71 per cent in the past decade. And while one expert believes this figure will continue to rise, he stated that anyone hoping to live for double or triple this time will be disappointed. Speaking at

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Choosing a Christmas gift is always a stressful time but scientists say it should be surprisingly easier than you think, claiming you should choose something you like rather than guessing what they want. 挑圣诞节礼物通常都会让人感到鸭梨

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间