Scientists Work to Save Puerto Rican Parrots Scientists are trying to save Puerto Rico's endangered Amazon parrots after Hurricane Maria destroyed the birds' habitats and food sources. El Yunque is a large national forest on the eastern part of Puert

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

AS IT IS 2014-07-03 Scientists: Prepare for El Nino and Extreme Weather 科学家称需为厄尔尼诺和极端天气做好准备 Many places have experienced severe flooding after heavy rains this year. Last Thursday, football lovers traveled throug

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Scientists: Spiders Use Electric Fields to Move through Air Scientists have long wondered how spiders can use the webbing they make to fly. The 19th century English naturalist Charles Darwin commented on their behavior when very small spiders landed

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

'Part-Time Scientists' Compete to Put a Rover on Moon 业余科学家加入月球探测器研发竞争 Sixteen teams from around the world have set their sights on the moon... and the $30 million Google Lunar XPRIZE. The challenge - issued in 2007 -

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(九月)

科学家解开鸟群秘密 How can flocks of birds, schools of fish or herds of antelope suddenly change direction -- all the individuals adjusting their movement in concert, at seemingly the same time? British researchers now have some insights int

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年8月

英国科学家研制更安全信用卡 The recent news that data from 40 million credit and debit cards used at Target department stores was hacked has raised concerns about the security of plastic bank cards. These contain financial information on

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年1月

浮游生物粪渣助科学家预测气候变化 Scientists trying to predict future changes in our climate are using every possible source of data to make their calculations. Lately, they have learned that one of the most sensitive instruments could

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年10月

科学家说《火星救援》将激励年轻人把人类送上火星 The Martian, a film about a marooned astronaut who uses science, wit and courage to survive in a very hostile environment, is making hundreds of millions of dollars and has gotten

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年10月

Astronomers: Evidence Found of First Stars Astronomers have observed what they believe is the formation of the universe 13.6 billion years ago, when the earliest stars were just starting to shine. The astronomers say their observations may also have

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Scientists Observe Birth of Huge Galaxy Cluster For the first time ever, astronomers have observed the birth of a galaxy cluster, known as a protocluster. The event, billions of light-years away, could form one of the largest-known structures in toda

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Organization Urges Young African Scientists to Become the Next Einstein Researchers from all over Africa presented their work at the recent Next Einstein Forum conference in Rwanda. Conference organizers set up the event to provide support for the de

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Scientists Trying to Do Away With Passwords 科学家们试图破除密码 Hackers around the world are getting better at stealing passwords. A hacker is a person who uses a computer to gain information without permission. Now, some computer scientis

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Australian Scientists Propose a Telescope to Look Deep Underground Scientists in Australia want to build what they describe as a downward looking telescope to look for mineral wealth under the Earths surface. The telescope is really a project aimed a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Scientists Discover Secrets for Tastier Tomatoes 科学家发现美味西红柿的秘密 Scientists have discovered the genetic secrets of two unpopular members of two favorite food families. They hope the discoveries will produce tastier tomatoes an

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Scientists Developing Technology to Recreate Crime Scenes 科学家利用科技还原犯罪现场 Police and prosecutors sometimes recreate crime scenes in an effort to better understand complex cases. They may set up a room to make it look like the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Researchers Announce Discovery of Early Human Ancestor 研究人员称发现人类早期祖先化石 A group of scientists announced Thursday what they say is the discovery of remains from an early ancestor of human beings. 周三,一个科学家小组

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Cameras Capture Pictures of Mysterious Bush Dog 科学家拍摄到神秘动物薮犬图片 Scientists say they have captured photographs of one of the most mysterious known animals: bush dogs. 科学家称捕捉到最神秘动物薮犬的图片。 Bu

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

So listen, all of the work I've shown you, the stuff that I've built that's all around me on this stage 听我说,我向你们展示的所有工作,我身边所有这些自己造出来的东西, and the other projects my lab is involved in are

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Dialogue 1 Mark: How's life treating you, Jingjing? 马克:最近这怎样,京晶? Jingjing: Didn't you ask me that last week? Anyway, it's going smoothly. I wish I could say the same for Stephen Hawking. 京晶:上周不是问过我了吗?好

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

美国航天局探秘范艾伦辐射带 One of the first discoveries of the space age, made in 1958, was that the Earth is surrounded with a doughnut-shaped field of highly charged particles. It was named the Van Allen radiation belt, after its disco

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年8月