美国文化脱口秀 第145期:外国婚礼:Buying a Gift
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:美国文化脱口秀
英语课
本课精选短语及短句:
1. Buying a Gift 买礼物
2. wedding registry 婚礼礼单
3. Hi, Theresa. Could I ask you for some advice? 嗨,Theresa。我能问一下你的意见吗?
4. My American friends, Lance and Laura, invited me to their wedding. I want to get them a gift. But I don't know what to buy. Can you please help me?
我的美国朋友,Lance和Laura。邀请我去参加他们的婚礼。我想给他们一份礼物,但是我不知道送什么好。你能帮我吗?
5. I can try. Do you have the invitation? 我试试吧。你收到请柬了吗?
6. save the date 留出日子
7.Here, it says, "Registered at Bath and Barn." That means your friends have made a list of all the gifts they hope to receive. If you buy them a gift from this registry, they will be very pleased.
这里说,“在Bath and Barn有结婚礼单”,意思是你的朋友已经列出了一系列他们想收到的结婚礼物。如果你到这家店去买上面写着的礼物,他们会很高兴的。
8. I also need to buy some gifts for my business clients. Is there a registry for that?
我还要给我的客户买点礼物。他们在那里也会列礼品单吗?
9.No, not for business gifts! Registries are for getting married, having a baby and decorating a home. For business gifts, you have to be very careful. Giving an expensive gift might seem to be a bribe 1.
不是不是,不是给商务往来送礼的!婚礼礼单是为新人,准妈妈,和装修房子准备的。商务送礼的话必须非常谨慎,送太贵重的可能会有行贿之嫌。
10.& Usually, inviting 2 a client to a meal or giving a client tickets to a special event is safe.
通常,请客户吃顿饭或是送他们一些特殊场合的门票是保守之选。
11. Look, I found Lance and Laura's wedding registry online! There are so many items on this list. Which gift will you buy?
你看,我在网上找到了Lance and Laura的结婚礼单!单子上有不少可以选择呢,你想买哪个?
12.Too bad, someone has already bought the clock! You should select another gift on the list. Here you see the items still available.
真不巧,已经有人买下这个闹钟了!你要从单子上重新选一个礼物。这里是可选的项目。
13.Then I will buy these crystal candlestick holders 3. They're lovely.
那我买这些水晶烛台吧,他们很好看。
1 bribe
n.贿赂;v.向…行贿,买通
- He tried to bribe the policeman not to arrest him.他企图贿赂警察不逮捕他。
- He resolutely refused their bribe.他坚决不接受他们的贿赂。
2 inviting
adj.诱人的,引人注目的
- An inviting smell of coffee wafted into the room.一股诱人的咖啡香味飘进了房间。
- The kitchen smelled warm and inviting and blessedly familiar.这间厨房的味道温暖诱人,使人感到亲切温馨。
3 holders
支持物( holder的名词复数 ); 持有者; (支票等)持有人; 支托(或握持)…之物
- Slaves were mercilessly ground down by slave holders. 奴隶受奴隶主的残酷压迫。
- It is recognition of compassion's part that leads the up-holders of capital punishment to accuse the abolitionists of sentimentality in being more sorry for the murderer than for his victim. 正是对怜悯的作用有了认识,才使得死刑的提倡者指控主张废除死刑的人感情用事,同情谋杀犯胜过同情受害者。