影视剧中的职场美语 第60期:沉着冷静
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
Bradley called me before he died.
Bradley死前曾打电话给我,
He wanted to discuss your job performance.
他想谈谈你的工作表现。
Well, what did he say?
他说什么了?
Well, sadly, by the time I returned the call he was dead.
很可惜,我回电话时,他已经死了。
Really?
真的吗?
But I think I know what he wanted to tell me.
不过我明白他想说什么。
Based upon the big bonus he fought for Carlos to have,
基于他为Carlos争取的大额奖金。
it's fairly obvious he was going to recommend a promotion 1.
相当明显他想推荐你升职。
That was my guess, too.
我也这么想。
The terrible irony 2 is he didn't realize the job he was recommending
很讽刺,他并没意识到他所推荐的职位,
would turn out to be his own.
便是他自己的职位。
Wait.
等等。
So you're offering me Bradley's job as president of the company?
你给我Bradley的职务,公司总裁?
I can't think of anyone better suited.
没人能比你更胜任。
Now, of course, it would be the same compensation 3 package.
当然,你会和他拿同等薪水。
Please. Tell me you'll accept.
拜托你,接受此职位吧。
He sure will.
他当然会的。
the man has a plane to catch.
别耽误人家赶飞机。
I'd be honored to step in for Bradley.
我很荣幸接替Bradley。
Good. I'm glad we've got that handled.
很好,很高兴我们解决了问题。
Now we can focus on the sorrow of this tragic 4 day.
现在该专注于悲痛了。
The same compensation package! We're rich!
同等薪水! 我们有钱啦!
We Are at a funeral. Please be quiet.
这是葬礼,拜托安静些。
- The teacher conferred with the principal about Dick's promotion.教师与校长商谈了迪克的升级问题。
- The clerk was given a promotion and an increase in salary.那个职员升了级,加了薪。
- She said to him with slight irony.她略带嘲讽地对他说。
- In her voice we could sense a certain tinge of irony.从她的声音里我们可以感到某种讥讽的意味。
- Workers who have been unfairly dismissed may claim compensation.被无理开除的工人可以要求补偿。
- Equal compensation should be given to men and women for equal work.男女同工应同酬。