迷你对话学地道口语第24期:不起眼的女孩
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:迷你对话学地道口语
[00:00:25] I wonder how Sarah and Mat 1 are.
我想知道莎拉和马特的情况怎么样了。
[00:07:05] Don't you know they 've already broken up?
你不知道他们已经分手了吗?
[00:11:13] I 'm not surprised.
我一点也不觉得奇怪。
[00:13:13] She's a plain Jane.
她是个不起眼的女孩。
[00:14:37] And he's so handsome.
是呀,而他却那么英俊。
习语:
a plain Jane
讲解:Jane 在英文中是很常见的女名,所以,a plain Jane 表示“不起眼的女人。”
I cannot make it out why a handsome-looking man like him would fall in love with a plain Jane like Liu Lan.
真猜不透像他那样一个英俊的男子为何能爱上刘兰那样一个不起眼的女孩子呢?
The new receptionist 2 is a bit of a plain Jane but she's very efficient at her job.
那位新来的接待员相貌一般,但她的工作效率很高。 He said that he wouldn't like to marry a plain Jane.
他说他可不想和一个不起眼的女孩子结婚。
I would rather marry a plain Jane who causes no trouble than a pretty face who may be come a jailbait.
我宁愿和一个相貌平平但是安稳的女孩子结婚也不愿意娶个招灾惹祸的漂亮妞。
Mary certainly is a plain Jane, and yet she is quite popular.
玛丽实在其貌不扬,但是她很有名气。
迷你对话:
A:I wonder how Sarah and Mat are.
我想知道莎拉和马特的情况怎么样了。
B:Don't you know they've already broken up?
你不知道他们已经分手了吗?
A:I'm not surprised. She's a plain Jane.
我一点也不觉得奇怪,她是个不起眼的女孩。
B:And he's so handsome.
是呀,而他却那么英俊。
词海拾贝:
break up:分手
What will happen to the children if Peter and Alice break up ?
如果彼得和爱丽丝离婚孩子们将怎么办?
Why did you and Rohda break up?
你和罗达为什么决裂了?
- This mat has to be hammered down at the edges.必须把这张席子的边钉上。
- Please wipe your shoes on the mat.请在蹭鞋垫子上擦擦鞋。
- The girl is a receptionist of the Beijing Hotel.这个女孩是北京饭店的前台接待员。
- Ask the receptionist to put your call through to my room.让接待员把你的电话接到我房间。