木偶奇遇记 第167期:匹诺曹梦想成真(13)
He was once more Mastro Geppetto, the wood carver, hard at work on a lovely picture frame, 杰佩托师傅跟早先一样,又干起了他的雕刻老行当,正在精细地设计一个极其漂亮的画框,
decorating it with flowers and leaves, and heads of animals. 上面装饰着叶子、花朵和各种动物的头。
"Father, Father, what has happened? Tell me if you can," cried Pinocchio, as he ran and jumped on his Father's neck. “爸爸,爸爸,发生了什么?告诉我吧,”皮诺乔扑过去跳上了他爸爸的脖子喊道。
"This sudden change in our house is all your doing, my dear Pinocchio," answered Geppetto. “咱家这种突然的变化全都亏了你,我亲爱的皮诺乔,”杰佩托回答。
"What have I to do with it?" “这跟我有什么关系呢?”
"Just this. When bad boys become good and kind, they have the power of making their homes gay and new with happiness." “因为孩子从坏变好的时候,有一种力量可以使他们的家变得焕然一新而又幸福快乐。”
"I wonder where the old Pinocchio of wood has hidden himself?" “我想知道原来的木偶皮诺乔他藏在哪儿呢?”
"There he is," answered Geppetto. “在那儿,”杰佩托回答说。
And he pointed 1 to a large Marionette 2 leaning against a chair, head turned to one side, arms hanging limp, and legs twisted under him. 他指着一个大木偶,这木偶靠在一把椅子上,头歪到一边,两条胳膊搭拉下来,两条腿在身下弯曲着。
After a long, long look, Pinocchio said to himself with great content: 皮诺乔看了它很久很久,极其心满意足地对自己说:
"How ridiculous I was as a Marionette! And how happy I am, now that I have become a real boy!" “我曾今是个木偶,这是多么滑稽可笑啊!如今我变成了个真正的孩子,我又是多么高兴啊!”
- He gave me a very sharp pointed pencil.他给我一支削得非常尖的铅笔。
- She wished to show Mrs.John Dashwood by this pointed invitation to her brother.她想通过对达茨伍德夫人提出直截了当的邀请向她的哥哥表示出来。
- With this marionette I wish to travel through the world.我希望带着这个木偶周游世界。
- The development of marionette had a great influence on the future development of opera.木偶戏的发展对以后的戏曲有十分重要的影响。