冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第410期:第二十四章 艾德(6)
时间:2019-03-10 作者:英语课 分类:冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》
英语课
You never knew Lyanna as I did, Robert, Ned told him. 劳勃,你对莱安娜的了解没我深,奈德告诉他,
You saw her beauty, but not the iron underneath 1. 你只见到她的美,却不知道她真正的硬脾气。
She would have told you that you have no business in the melee 2. 倘若她还活着,她会告诉你,你和团体比武毫无瓜葛。
You too? The king frowned. You are a sour man, Stark 3. 怎么你也来这套?国王皱眉,史塔克,你这家伙真讨厌,
Too long in the north, all the juices have frozen inside you. 我看你在北方待得太久,体内的血都冻成冰啦。
Well, mine are still running. He slapped his chest to prove it. 告诉你,老子可还热血沸腾哩。他拍拍胸脯以示证明。
You are the king, Ned reminded him. 别忘了你是国王。奈德提醒他。
I sit on the damn iron seat when I must. 我该坐的时候坐坐那张该死的铁椅子,
Does that mean I don't have the same hungers as other men? 难道就不能跟其他人一样有七情六欲吗?
A bit of wine now and again, a girl squealing 4 in bed, the feel of a horse between my legs? 难道我不能没事喝点小酒,找个女孩乐一乐,享受骑马的快感吗?
Seven hells, Ned, I want to hit someone. 下七层地狱去,奈德,我不过是想打打人罢了。
Ser Barristan Selmy spoke 5 up. Your Grace, he said, it is not seemly that the king should ride into the melee. 巴利斯坦·赛尔弥爵士开了口:陛下,他说,国王加入团体比武并不恰当,
It would not be a fair contest. Who would dare strike you? 因为这样一来,比赛就不公平了。试问谁敢对您动手呢?
Robert seemed honestly taken aback. Why, all of them, damn it. 劳勃真是没料到这层。唉,谁都行啊,他妈的。
If they can. And the last man left standing 6? 只要他们有那能耐。反正最后站着的…
will be you, Ned finished. He saw at once that Selmy had hit the mark. 一定会是您。奈德接口。他立刻发现赛尔弥点到了关键。
The dangers of the melee were only a savor 7 to Robert, but this touched on his pride. 若是强调比武的危险,只会更刺激劳勃,而这样说来便事关他的自尊。
Ser Barristan is right. There's not a man in the Seven Kingdoms who would dare risk your displeasure by hurting you. 巴利斯坦爵士说得没错,七国上下绝没有人敢冒着惹您生气的危险对您动手。
The king rose to his feet, his face flushed. 国王满脸通红,霍地站起,
Are you telling me those prancing 8 cravens will let me win? 你的意思是那些没用的胆小鬼会故意失手?
adj.在...下面,在...底下;adv.在下面
- Working underneath the car is always a messy job.在汽车底下工作是件脏活。
- She wore a coat with a dress underneath.她穿着一件大衣,里面套着一条连衣裙。
n.混战;混战的人群
- There was a scuffle and I lost my hat in the melee.因发生一场斗殴,我的帽子也在混乱中丢失了。
- In the melee that followed they trampled their mother a couple of times.他们打在一团,七手八脚的又踩了他们的母亲几下。
adj.荒凉的;严酷的;完全的;adv.完全地
- The young man is faced with a stark choice.这位年轻人面临严峻的抉择。
- He gave a stark denial to the rumor.他对谣言加以完全的否认。
v.长声尖叫,用长而尖锐的声音说( squeal的现在分词 )
- Pigs were grunting and squealing in the yard. 猪在院子里哼哼地叫个不停。
- The pigs were squealing. 猪尖叫着。
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
vt.品尝,欣赏;n.味道,风味;情趣,趣味
- The soup has a savor of onion.这汤有洋葱味。
- His humorous remarks added a savor to our conversation.他幽默的话语给谈话增添了风趣。
标签:
权力的游戏