冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第971期:第四十六章 提利昂(7)
时间:2019-02-25 作者:英语课 分类:冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》
英语课
Tyrion had made him stick it out once, just to be certain. 某一天,提利昂叫他把舌头吐出来,确定一下。
"Definitely a tongue," he had said. "Someday you must learn to use it." “的确是舌头,”他评说,“哪天你总得学着用。”
At the moment, he did not have the patience to try and coax 1 a thought out of the lad, whom he suspected had been inflicted 2 on him as a cruel jape. 今天这种时候,他可没耐性去套那孩子的话。他更怀疑父亲派这小鬼来当侍从,根本是个恶意的玩笑。
Tyrion turned his attention back to the girl. "Is this her?" he asked Bronn. 于是提利昂把注意力转移到女孩身上。“就是她?”他问波隆。
She rose gracefully 3 and looked down at him from the lofty height of five feet or more. 她优雅地起身,从五尺多的高度俯瞰他。
"It is, m'lord, and she can speak for herself, if it please you." “是的,大人,而且她自己会说话,如果您高兴的话。”
He cocked his head to one side. "I am Tyrion, of House Lannister. Men call me the Imp 4." 他歪歪头。“我是兰尼斯特家族的提利昂,别人叫我小恶魔。”
My mother named me Shae. Men call me... often. “我母亲为我取名雪伊,别人也常这样叫……我。”
Bronn laughed, and Tyrion had to smile. 波隆哈哈大笑,提利昂也不禁扬起嘴角。
"Into the tent, Shae, if you would be so kind." “那么,就请进帐罢,雪伊。”
He lifted the flap and held it for her. Inside, he knelt to light a candle. 他为她掀起帷幕,进去之后,燃起一支蜡烛。
The life of a soldier was not without certain compensations. 军旅生活多少有些补偿,
Wherever you have a camp, you are certain to have camp followers 5. 无论在何处扎营,必定有人循踪而至。
At the end of the day's march, Tyrion had sent Bronn back to find him a likely whore. 今天行军结束时,提利昂叫波隆去给他找个像样的营妓。
"I would prefer one who is reasonably young, with as pretty a face as you can find," he had said. “最好年轻一点的,当然,越漂亮越好。”他说,
"If she has washed sometime this year, I shall be glad. If she hasn't, wash her. “如果她今年洗过澡,那最好,如果没有,把她先洗干净。
Be certain that you tell her who I am, and warn her of what I am." 务必告诉她我的身份,以及我是什么德行。”
v.哄诱,劝诱,用诱哄得到,诱取
- I had to coax the information out of him.我得用好话套出他掌握的情况。
- He tried to coax the secret from me.他试图哄骗我说出秘方。
把…强加给,使承受,遭受( inflict的过去式和过去分词 )
- They inflicted a humiliating defeat on the home team. 他们使主队吃了一场很没面子的败仗。
- Zoya heroically bore the torture that the Fascists inflicted upon her. 卓娅英勇地承受法西斯匪徒加在她身上的酷刑。
ad.大大方方地;优美地
- She sank gracefully down onto a cushion at his feet. 她优雅地坐到他脚旁的垫子上。
- The new coats blouse gracefully above the hip line. 新外套在臀围线上优美地打着褶皱。
n.顽童
- What a little imp you are!你这个淘气包!
- There's a little imp always running with him.他总有一个小鬼跟着。
标签:
权力的游戏