冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第278期:第十八章 赫德(24)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》
英语课
Much later, when the serious business of eating was done and the others had left, 晚膳用毕,旁人陆续离去之后,莫尔蒙请提利昂在火炉边坐下,
Mormont offered Tyrion a chair beside the fire and a cup of mulled spirits so strong they brought tears to his eyes. 递给他一杯烫过的酒,辛辣得使他眼泪都流了下来。
The kingsroad can be perilous 2 this far north, the Lord Commander told him as they drank. 我们地处极北,国王大道这里的路段恐怕好生危险。他们边喝酒,总司令官边说。
I have Jyck and Morrec, Tyrion said, and Yoren is riding south again. 我有杰克和莫里斯,提利昂道,而且尤伦正好也要南下。
Yoren is only one man. The Watch shall escort you as far as Winterfell, Mormont announced in a tone that brooked 3 no argument. Three men should be sufficient. 尤伦一个人怎么够。守夜人会护送你到临冬城。莫尔蒙的口气不容辩驳。至少要三个人。
If you insist, my lord, Tyrion said. You might send young Snow. He would be glad for a chance to see his brothers. 司令大人,那我就恭敬不如从命。提利昂说,您不妨派出雪诺那小子,让他跟兄弟见个面也好。
Mormont frowned through his thick grey beard. Snow? Oh, the Stark 4 bastard 5. I think not. 莫尔蒙隔着厚厚的灰胡子皱眉道:雪诺?喔,你是说史塔克那个私生子啊。我看不妥。
The young ones need to forget the lives they left behind them, the brothers and mothers and all that. 年轻人得忘掉他们过去的生活,不管兄弟还是老妈都得放下。
A visit home would only stir up feelings best left alone. I know these things. 回家探亲只会再度激起这些早该忘却的情感。我很清楚这些事。
My own blood kin 1...my sister Maege rules Bear Island now, since my son's dishonor. 我自己的家人…自我儿子辱没家门,只剩我妹妹梅姬接手统治熊岛,
I have nieces I have never seen. He took a swallow. Besides, Jon Snow is only a boy. 我有好些外甥女都没见过。他灌了口酒。再说,雪诺只是个小鬼。
You shall have three strong swords, to keep you safe. 我要派三个强壮的战士来确保你的安全。
I am touched by your concern, Lord Mormont. 莫尔蒙大人,我真是太感激您的关心了。
The strong drink was making Tyrion light-headed, but not so drunk that he did not realize that the Old Bear wanted something from him. 烈酒让提利昂飘飘欲醉,但还不至于醉到分不清熊老有事相求的地步。
I hope I can repay your kindness. 希望我能回报您的恩情。
n.家族,亲属,血缘关系;adj.亲属关系的,同类的
- He comes of good kin.他出身好。
- She has gone to live with her husband's kin.她住到丈夫的亲戚家里去了。
adj.危险的,冒险的
- The journey through the jungle was perilous.穿过丛林的旅行充满了危险。
- We have been carried in safety through a perilous crisis.历经一连串危机,我们如今已安然无恙。
容忍,忍受(brook的过去式与过去分词形式)
- The tone in his voice brooked no argument. 他的声音里透露着一种不容争辩的语调。
- He gave her a look that brooked no further arguments. 他看了她一眼,表示不容再争论。
adj.荒凉的;严酷的;完全的;adv.完全地
- The young man is faced with a stark choice.这位年轻人面临严峻的抉择。
- He gave a stark denial to the rumor.他对谣言加以完全的否认。
标签:
权力的游戏