时间:2018-12-05 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE② C 四个半月后  玛莉巧遇戴夫


【我现在是自由工作者】


 


Dave:  Yeah. You don't need to rub it in.


戴夫:         是啊。不劳你落井下石了。


 


Mary:  And then she 1) made the deal with MicroPower. Vince wanted to sell for fifteen million...


玛莉:         然后她跟微力谈妥了条件。文斯本想用一千五百万卖掉的……


 


Dave:  Fifteen? And Zina pushed them up to seventy-five?


戴夫:         一千五百万?而吉娜逼他们出到了七千五百万?


 


Mary:  That's right. Vince still stops by her office every day to thank her.


玛莉:         没错。文斯到现在都还每天经过她的办公室,跟她道谢呢。


 


Dave:  Anyway, I'm still happy I left. I'm working as a 2) freelancer 1 now.


戴夫:         不管怎样,我还是很高兴我离开了。我现在是自由工作者。


 


Mary:  You really should have stayed with us, Dave.


玛莉:         你当初真该留下跟我们一道的,戴夫。


 


语言详解


 


A: Who do you work for?


   你帮谁工作?


 


B: No one. I'm a freelancer.


   没有谁。我是自由工作者。


 


rub it in 落井下石】


 


rub it in 的这个动作就像是一抹再抹,越抹越进去的感觉,而这个片语在使用上,就是落井下石的意思,明明人家已经很惨了,却还要打落水狗,在伤口上撒盐。


 


A: So, your sister beat you in bowling 2!


     所以你妹妹打保龄球赢了你!


B: Stop rubbing it in, OK?


     别落井下石了,好吗?


 


A: Didn't I tell you over and over again she doesn't like you?


     我不是一再告诉你她不喜欢你吗?


B: You don't have to rub it in.


     你不用落井下石嘛。


 


1) deal (n.)  交易;make a deal with...与……交易


2) freelancer (n.)  自由工作者



1 freelancer
n.自由职业者
  • He has great interest in working as a freelancer.他对做个自由职业人很感兴趣。
  • It's not always easy to make it as a freelancer.做个自由职业人,要能时常感觉满足,可不容易。
2 bowling
n.保龄球运动
  • Bowling is a popular sport with young and old.保龄球是老少都爱的运动。
  • Which sport do you 1ike most,golf or bowling?你最喜欢什么运动,高尔夫还是保龄球?
学英语单词