他不生我的气?
SCENE④ B 电话响起 戴夫与吉娜继续说话
【他不生我的气?】
Dave: He's not mad at me?
戴夫: 他不生我的气?
Zina: 1) Not at all. He says your being a lying, cheating, 2) backstabbing spy really helped to 3) motivate him.
吉娜: 完全没有。 他说你这个说谎、背叛、玩阴的间谍,大大地激励了他。
Dave: Is that what he says? [ 4) chuckling]
戴夫: 他这样说?(咯咯笑)
Zina: After he found out you were spying for WebTracker, he worked like a man 5) possessed 1.
吉娜: 在发现你为“网路搜寻家”卧底之后,他就像着了魔似地疯狂工作。
Dave: So 6) in a way, I'm responsible for InfoKing's great success?
戴夫: 那么就某方面而言,“资讯王”的大胜还是我的功劳?
Zina: That's right. You should be proud.
吉娜: 没错。你应该感到自豪的。
Dave: Oh, I feel so much better.
戴夫: 喔,我好过多了。
语言详解
A: I think that kid is possessed.
我觉得那孩子被附身了。
B: No, he's just screaming because he's angry.
不,他只是因生气而大叫而已。
【I feel so much better. 我好过多了。】
这句话也可以说I feel much better. 不过年轻人可能还是喜欢用对话中的那一个句型。
A: The photos you took the other day came out really nice. Better than the last time.
前几天你拍的照片洗出来很漂亮,比上一次好。
B: Oh, I'm glad you like them. I feel so much better.
喔,很高兴你喜欢。我好过多了。
与so much better 很相近的短语是so much the better,意思是“这样就要好了。”
Try to run a mile a day, and if you can do two so much the better.
每天设法跑一英哩,如果你能跑两里,那就更好了。
1) Not at all 一点也不。这句话亦可用来回答别人的道谢。
2) backstab (v.) 从背后偷袭,陷害
3) motivate (v.) 激励
5) possessed (a.) 被鬼附身的,不由己的。
6) in a way 就某方面而言