时间:2018-12-05 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE ③  C  电话响起


【灵验了吗?】


 


Zina:           Hi, Dave. This is Zina.


吉娜:  嗨,戴夫。我是吉娜。


 


Dave:  Zina? Zina the Snake?


戴夫:         吉娜?诈包吉娜?


 


Zina:           I got your e-mail a couple of months back.


吉娜:         几个月前我收到了你寄来的电子邮件。


 


Dave:  Yeah? Which one was that?


戴夫:         是吗?是哪一封?


 


Zina:  The one that said, You're a 1) creep. / From me you won't hear another 2) peep. / I hope you 3) wreck 1 your jeep.


吉娜:         上面写着:你这讨厌鬼。/休想我会再理你。/望你吉普车会撞毁。


 


Dave:  Right. That one. 4) Did it work?


戴夫:         那一封啊。灵验了吗?


 


语言详解


 


A: I told dad you wrecked 2 the car!


     我跟老爸说你撞坏车子了!


 


B: You're not going to get away with this. It was your fault, not mine.


     你脱不了关系。都是你的错,不是我。


 


Did it work? 灵验了吗?】


 


要注意work 并不专指工作,有时指灵光、有效


 


A: My brain doesn't seem to work well today.


     我脑袋今天好像不灵光。


B: You're better take a walk outside. But be back soon. We have a lot of work to do this  afternoon.


   你最好到外面走一走。但是要快快回来,我们下午有一大堆事要做。


 


A: I understand you had a bad cold yesterday.


     我听说你昨天患了重感冒。


B: It's gone. My grandma's prescription 3 really works.


     已经痊愈了。我祖母的处方真的有效。


 


1) creep  (n.) 令人讨厌的人


2) peep  (n.)  小的声音。这里是指消息


3) wreck  (v.)  撞毁


4) Did it work?  有用吗?有效吗?



1 wreck
n.失事,遇难;沉船;vt.(船等)失事,遇难
  • Weather may have been a factor in the wreck.天气可能是造成这次失事的原因之一。
  • No one can wreck the friendship between us.没有人能够破坏我们之间的友谊。
2 wrecked
adj.失事的,遇难的
  • the hulk of a wrecked ship 遇难轮船的残骸
  • the salvage of the wrecked tanker 对失事油轮的打捞
3 prescription
n.处方,开药;指示,规定
  • The physician made a prescription against sea- sickness for him.医生给他开了个治晕船的药方。
  • The drug is available on prescription only.这种药只能凭处方购买。
标签: 职场 社交 灵验
学英语单词