英语小达人 312 He Said--She Said
英语课
He Said--She Said
他说——她说
He said... Do you love me just because my father left me a fortune?
他说……你爱我只是因为我爸爸留给我一大笔钱吗?
She said... Not at all honey, I would love you no matter who left you the money.
她说……绝对不是的,不管是谁留给你的那些钱,我都爱你。
He said... This coffee isn't fit for a pig!
他说……这咖啡给猪喝都不行!
She said... No problem, I'll get you some that is.
她说……没问题,我去给你拿一杯可以给猪喝的。
She said... What do you mean by coming home half drunk 1?
她说……你喝个半醉回来是什么意思?
He said... It's not my fault... I ran out of money.
他说……这不是我的错,我没钱再喝了。
He said... Why do you women always try to impress us with your looks, not with your brains?
他说……为什么你们女人总是用外表而不是思想来吸引我们呢?
She said... Because there is a bigger chance that a man is a moron 2 than he is blind.
她说……因为男人是傻瓜的几率要比是瞎子的几率高得多。
He said... What have you been doing with all the grocery money I gave you?
他说……我给你的家用钱都干什么了?
She said... Turn sideways and look in the mirror.
她说……逛街照镜子。
He said... Let's go out and have some fun tonight.
他说……今晚我们出去玩玩。
She said... Okay, but if you get home before I do, leave the hallway light on.
她说……好吧,如果你先回家,帮我把过道的灯开着。
重点讲解:
1. not at all
一点也不;完全不;
eg. I am not at all satisfied with the present situation.
我对现状根本不满意。
eg. He's not at all exciting, in fact he's really rather commonplace 3.
他毫不出奇,实际上平庸得很。
2. no matter
不管…;无论…;
eg. All stories seemed dreadfully alike,no matter who told them.
看来,不管谁讲,故事都是千篇一律的。
eg. No matter what the matter may be, we should do our best.
不论事情会成什么样,我们都应当尽最大的努力。
3. be fit for
适合的;合适的;适当的;
eg. Of the seven bicycles we had, only two were fit for the road.
我们的7辆自行车中,只有两辆适合走这种路。
eg. These houses are not fit for human habitation.
这些房子不适于人居住。
4. no problem
没问题;
eg. 'Can you repair it?' — 'No problem'.
“你能修好它吗?”——“没问题。”
eg. If the property needs a new dishwasher, no problem, just put it on a credit 4 card.
如果住所需要一个新的洗碗机,没问题,用信用卡买一个就可以了。
5. run out of
用完;耗尽;
eg. We're running out of time.
我们快没有时间了。
eg. By now the plane was running out of fuel.
现在,这架飞机的燃料快用完了。
adj.醉酒的;(喻)陶醉的;n.酗酒者,醉汉
- People who drives when they are drunk should be heavily penalised.醉酒驾车的人应受重罚。
- She found him drunk when she came home at night.她晚上回家时,经常发现他醉醺醺的。
n.极蠢之人,低能儿
- I used to think that Gordon was a moron.我曾以为戈登是个白痴。
- He's an absolute moron!他纯粹是个傻子!
adj.平凡的,普通的;n.寻常的事物,常见的事
- Soon it will be commonplace for men to travel to the moon.人们去月球旅行很快就会成为常事。
- What he has said is a mere commonplace view.他所说的不过是尘俗之见而已。
标签:
英语达人