英语小达人 348 Things Dog Must Try to Rmember
英语课
Things Dog Must Try to Rmember狗们一定要记住的事情1. The garbage collector is NOT stealing our stuff.
1. 收垃圾的人并不是要偷我们的东西。
2. I do not need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under the coffee table.
2. 我趴在茶几下面的时候,完全没有必要突然站起来。
3. I will not roll my toys behind the fridge.
3. 我不能把玩具拱到冰箱后面。
4. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur BEFORE entering the house.
4. 进屋之前,一定要先把身上的雨水抖干净。
5. I will not eat the cats' food, before or after they eat it.
5. 我既不能和猫们抢吃,也不能吃它们吃剩的食物。
6. I will stop trying to find the few remaining pieces of clean carpet in the house when I am about to throw up.
6. 我要吐的时候,用不着专门去找地毯上所剩无几的干净的地方。
7. I will not throw up in the car.
7. 我不能在车上吐。
8. I will not roll on dead pigeon, sparrow, rat, etc.
8. 我不能把死鸽子、麻雀和老鼠等等当玩具拨弄着玩。
9. The diaper pail is not a cookie jar.
9. 尿布桶不是饼干罐。
10. I will not wake Mommy up with my cold, wet nose on her bottom.
10. 我不能用我又凉又湿的鼻头贴妈妈的屁股叫她起床。
11. I will not chew my human's toothbrush and not tell them.
11. 我不能嚼了人们的牙刷还不告诉他们。
12. When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down when it's raining outside.
12. 坐车时,外面正在下雨的时候,我不能固执地要把车窗摇下来。
13. We do not have a doorbell. I will not bark each time I hear one on TV.
13. 我不能一听到电视里的门铃响就跟着叫唤,因为我们家没有门铃。
14. I will not steal my Mom's underwear and dance all over the back yard with it.
14. 我不能偷妈妈的内衣还穿着在后院里乱跑。
15. The sofa is not a face towel. Neither are Mom & Dad's laps.
15. 沙发不是擦脸毛巾,爸爸和妈妈的衣服也不是。
16. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
16. 我的脑袋不是冰箱的一部分。
17. I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in for Mom's driver's license 1 and car registration 2.
17. 警察叔叔伸手拿妈妈的驾照和行车证时,我不能去咬他的手。
重点讲解:
1. shake out抖开;将(布料或衣服)抖干净;将…抖平;eg. While the water was heating she decided 3 to shake out the carpet...
趁着烧水的时候,她决定将地毯抖抖干净。
eg. I took off my poncho 4, shook it out, and hung it on a peg 5 by the door.
我脱下了披风,抖落干净,然后挂在门上的挂衣钉上。
2. throw up呕吐;呕出;eg. She said she had thrown up after reading reports of the trial.
她说,她看完审判报告后都吐了。
eg. When I get seasick 6, I throw up my food.
我一晕船就呕吐。
3. insist on sth. doing sth.
坚持;坚决认为(或主张、要求);eg. I still insist on my viewpoint.
我仍坚持我的观点。
eg. The tourists insist on keeping to their plan.
旅行者坚持按旅行计划行事。
n.执照,许可证,特许;v.许可,特许
- The foreign guest has a license on the person.这个外国客人随身携带执照。
- The driver was arrested for having false license plates on his car.司机由于使用假车牌而被捕。
n.登记,注册,挂号
- Marriage without registration is not recognized by law.法律不承认未登记的婚姻。
- What's your registration number?你挂的是几号?
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
n.斗篷,雨衣
- He yawned and curled his body down farther beneath the poncho.他打了个呵欠,把身子再蜷拢点儿,往雨披里缩了缩。
- The poncho is made of nylon.这雨披是用尼龙制造的。
n.木栓,木钉;vt.用木钉钉,用短桩固定
- Hang your overcoat on the peg in the hall.把你的大衣挂在门厅的挂衣钩上。
- He hit the peg mightily on the top with a mallet.他用木槌猛敲木栓顶。