乔布斯传 第434期:乔尼·艾弗(6)
英语课
In Ive, Jobs met his soul mate in the quest for true rather than surface simplicity 1. 在艾弗这里,乔布斯终于找到了“灵魂伴侣”。他要的是真正意义上的简洁,而不是表面功夫。
Sitting in his design studio, Ive described his philosophy: 有一次,艾弗坐在他的设计工作室里,表达了他对简洁的看法:
Why do we assume that simple is good? 为什么我们认为简单就是好?
Because with physical products, we have to feel we can dominate them. 因为对于一个有形的产品来说,我们喜欢那种控制它们的感觉。
As you bring order to complexity 2, you find a way to make the product defer 3 to you. 如果在复杂中有规律可循,你也可以让产品听从于你。
Simplicity isn't just a visual style. It's not just minimalism or the absence of clutter 4. 简洁并不仅仅是视觉上的,也不仅仅是把杂乱无章的东西变少或抹掉,
It involves digging through the depth of the complexity. 而是要挖掘复杂性的深度。
To be truly simple, you have to go really deep. 要想获得简洁,你就必须要挖得足够深。
For example, to have no screws on something, you can end up having a product that is so convoluted 5 and so complex. 打个比方,如果你是为了在产品上不装螺丝钉,那你最后可能会造出一个极其烦琐复杂的东西。
The better way is to go deeper with the simplicity, to understand everything about it and how it's manufactured. 更好的方式,是更深刻地理解“简洁”,理解它的每一个部分,以及它是如何制造的。
You have to deeply understand the essence of a product in order to be able to get rid of the parts that are not essential. 你必须深刻地把握产品的精髓,从而判断出哪些不重要的部件是可以拿掉的。
n.简单,简易;朴素;直率,单纯
- She dressed with elegant simplicity.她穿着朴素高雅。
- The beauty of this plan is its simplicity.简明扼要是这个计划的一大特点。
n.复杂(性),复杂的事物
- Only now did he understand the full complexity of the problem.直到现在他才明白这一问题的全部复杂性。
- The complexity of the road map puzzled me.错综复杂的公路图把我搞糊涂了。
vt.推迟,拖延;vi.(to)遵从,听从,服从
- We wish to defer our decision until next week.我们希望推迟到下星期再作出决定。
- We will defer to whatever the committee decides.我们遵从委员会作出的任何决定。
n.零乱,杂乱;vt.弄乱,把…弄得杂乱
- The garage is in such a clutter that we can't find anything.车库如此凌乱,我们什么也找不到。
- We'll have to clear up all this clutter.我们得把这一切凌乱的东西整理清楚。
adj.旋绕的;复杂的
- The snake slithered through a convoluted path.蛇在羊肠小道上爬行。
- The policy is so convoluted even college presidents are confused.这项政策太令人费解,甚至连大学校长们也是一头雾水。
标签:
乔布斯传