木偶奇遇记 第80期:匹诺曹与仙女姐姐重逢(1)
英语课
If Pinocchio cried much longer, the little woman thought he would melt away, so she finally admitted that she was the little Fairy with Azure 1 Hair.
小妇人担心如果继续让皮诺乔哭下去,他会融化,所以她终于承认了她就是天蓝头发的小仙女。
"You rascal 2 of a Marionette 3! How did you know it was I?" she asked, laughing.
“你这淘气的木偶!你怎么认出是我的?” 她笑着问到。
"My love for you told me who you were."
“我对您的爱让我扔出了您。”
"Do you remember? You left me when I was a little girl and now you find me a grown woman. I am so old, I could almost be your mother!"
“你记得吗?你扔下我的时候,我还是个小姑娘,可你现在看到的我已经是个妇人了。我这么老,简直可以做你的妈妈了!”
"I am very glad of that, for then I can call you mother instead of sister.
“那我太高兴了,这样我就不是叫您姐姐,而要叫您妈妈了。
For a long time I have wanted a mother, just like other boys.
很久以来,我一直想像所有的孩子那样有个妈妈!
But how did you grow so quickly?" -"That's a secret!"
可您怎么会长得这样快的?”-“这是一个秘密。”
"Tell it to me. I also want to grow a little. Look at me! I have never grown higher than a penny's worth of cheese."
“告诉我吧。我也想长大一点。您看看我!我一分钱奶酪的高度都没长过。”
"But you can't grow," answered the Fairy. -"Why not?"
“可你不会长大。”仙女回答说。-“为什么不会?”
"Because Marionettes never grow. They are born Marionettes, they live Marionettes, and they die Marionettes."
“因为木偶是从来不长大的。他们生下来是木偶,活着是木偶,死了也是木偶。”
"Oh, I'm tired of always being a Marionette!" cried Pinocchio disgustedly.
“噢!我已经厌烦了当木偶!”皮诺乔厌烦的叫到。
"It's about time for me to grow into a man as everyone else does."
“现在该是我要变成跟所有人一样的人的时候了。”
"And you will if you deserve it--" -"Really? What can I do to deserve it?"
“如果你配得上的话你会的……”-“真的吗?我怎么办才配得上呢?”
"It's a very simple matter. Try to act like a well-behaved child." -"Don't you think I do?"
“这容易极了,只要你一直做个好孩子。”-“你认为我不是吗?”
"Far from it! Good boys are obedient, and you, on the contrary--" -"And I never obey."
“根本不是!好孩子会听话,可你正好相反……”-“我从来不听话。”
adj.天蓝色的,蔚蓝色的
- His eyes are azure.他的眼睛是天蓝色的。
- The sun shone out of a clear azure sky.清朗蔚蓝的天空中阳光明媚。
n.流氓;不诚实的人
- If he had done otherwise,I should have thought him a rascal.如果他不这样做,我就认为他是个恶棍。
- The rascal was frightened into holding his tongue.这坏蛋吓得不敢往下说了。
n.木偶
- With this marionette I wish to travel through the world.我希望带着这个木偶周游世界。
- The development of marionette had a great influence on the future development of opera.木偶戏的发展对以后的戏曲有十分重要的影响。
标签:
木偶奇遇记