木偶奇遇记 第81期:匹诺曹与仙女姐姐重逢(2)
英语课
"Good boys love study and work, but you--" -"And I, on the contrary, am a lazy fellow and a tramp 1 all year round."
“好孩子爱读书爱干活,可你……” “正好相反,我一年到头懒惰流浪。”
"Good boys always tell the truth." -"And I always tell lies."
“好孩子向来说真话。” “可我总是说谎。”
"Good boys go gladly to school." -"And I get sick if I go to school. From now on I'll be different."
“好孩子很乐意去上学。” “可我一上学就难受。从今以后,我会变得不同。”
"Do you promise?" -"I promise. I want to become a good boy and be a comfort to my father.
“你能答应吗?” “我答应你。我要变成一个好孩子,成为我爸爸的慰籍。
Where is my poor father now?" -"I do not know."
我可怜的爸爸现在在哪儿呢?” “我不知道。”
"Will I ever be lucky enough to find him and embrace 2 him once more?" -"I think so. Indeed, I am sure of it."
“我能有幸见到他,再次拥抱他吗?” “我认为有。真的,我保证。”
At this answer, Pinocchio's happiness was very great.
皮诺乔听了这个回答,高兴得无以复加。
He grasped the Fairy's hands and kissed them so hard that it looked as if he had lost his head.
他抓住仙女的手发疯似地狂吻起来。
Then lifting his face, he looked at her lovingly and asked: "Tell me, little Mother, it isn't true that you are dead, is it?"
他抬起头,亲热地看着她问道:“告诉我,小妈妈,你不是真死了吧?”
"It doesn't seem so," answered the Fairy, smiling.
“看来好像不是,”仙女微笑着回答。
"If you only knew how I suffered and how I wept when I read 'Here lies--'"
“你要知道我当时多么伤心痛苦,当我看见===‘这里安眠着……’”
"I know it, and for that I have forgiven you. The depth of your sorrow made me see that you have a kind heart.
“我知道,为此我原谅你了。你悲伤的强烈使我知道,你有一顾善良的心。
There is always hope for boys with hearts such as yours, though they may often be very mischievous 3.
一个有颗如你般心肠的孩子,即使经常有点顽皮,总还是有希望的。
This is the reason why I have come so far to look for you. From now on, I'll be your own little mother."
这就是我到这这么远的地方来找你的原因。从现在起,我就是你的小妈妈了。”
"Oh! How lovely!" cried Pinocchio, jumping with joy.
“噢!太好啦!”皮诺乔大叫,高兴得跳起来。
"You will obey me always and do as I wish?" -"Gladly, very gladly, more than gladly!"
“你会听我的话,永远照我的话去做吗?” “愿意,十分愿意,太愿意啦!”
"Beginning tomorrow," said the Fairy, "you'll go to school every day." -Pinocchio's face fell a little.
“从明天开始,”仙女说,“你每天都要去上学。” 皮诺乔有点儿拉长了脸。
"Then you will choose the trade you like best." -Pinocchio became more serious.
“然后选择一种你喜欢的手艺或者工作……” 皮诺乔变得更严肃了。
"What are you mumbling 4 to yourself?" asked the Fairy.
“你嘟囔着些什么?”仙女问到。
n.流浪者,步行,跋涉;v.步行,跋涉
- She wants to go for a tramp in the country.她想去乡间远足。
- A tramp came to the door and asked for food.一个流浪汉来到门前讨饭吃。
vt.拥抱;包括;包围,环绕;n.拥抱,怀抱
- He held her to him in a warm embrace.他热列地拥抱她。
- The hills embrace the village.山丘环绕着村庄。
adj.调皮的,恶作剧的,有害的,伤人的
- He is a mischievous but lovable boy.他是一个淘气但可爱的小孩。
- A mischievous cur must be tied short.恶狗必须拴得短。
标签:
木偶奇遇记