木偶奇遇记 第119期:在玩具国享乐(10)
英语课
"Poor teacher!" answered the other, nodding his head. “可怜的老师!”对方点点头回答说。
"Indeed I know how much he disliked me and how he enjoyed speaking ill of me. “其实我知道他有多讨厌我,有多喜欢说我坏话。
But I am of a generous 1 nature, and I gladly forgive him." 可我宽宏大量,我很乐意原谅他。”
"Great soul!" said Pinocchio, fondly embracing 2 his friend. “你真是宽宏大量!”皮诺乔说着,热情地拥抱他的朋友。
Five months passed and the boys continued playing and enjoying themselves from morn till night, 五个月过去了,孩子们继续从早到晚的玩耍着,
without ever seeing a book, or a desk, or a school. 看不到一本书、一张桌子或是学校。
But, my children, there came a morning when Pinocchio awoke 可是,我的孩子们,有一天皮诺乔清早醒来
and found a great surprise awaiting 3 him, a surprise which made him feel very unhappy, as you shall see. 发现有一个大惊喜等着他,一个让他难过不已的惊喜,正像你该看到的那样。
adj.慷慨的,大方的,慷慨给予的
- She was kind and generous.她心地善良,宽容大量。
- She was generous with her money.她很乐于仗义疏财。
拥抱( embrace的现在分词 ); 包括; 包含; 接受
- You can not possibly make an all-embracing proposal. 你不可能提出一个包罗万象的建议。
- To embrace her was like embracing a jointed wooden image. 若是拥抱她,那感觉活像拥抱一块木疙瘩。 来自英汉文学
标签:
木偶奇遇记