木偶奇遇记 第140期:匹诺曹落入鱼腹(2)
英语课
"It may be the effect of salt water. The sea is fond of playing these tricks." “这大概是海水的作用,海就爱开这样的玩笑。”
"Be careful, Marionette 1, be careful! Don't laugh at me! Woe 2 be to you, if I lose my patience!" “你当心点,木偶,你当心点!可别取笑我。要是我没有耐心了,你就倒霉啦!”
"Well, then, my Master, do you want to know my whole story? Untie 3 my leg and I can tell it to you better." “那么,我的主人,您想知道我全部的故事吗?解开我的腿,我就能更好的告诉您。”
The old fellow, curious to know the true story of the Marionette's life, immediately untied 4 the rope which held his foot. 老人家对木偶的真相很好奇,马上就解开了拴在他脚上的绳子。
Pinocchio, feeling free as a bird of the air, began his tale: "Know, then, that, once upon a time, I was a wooden Marionette, just as I am today. 皮诺乔感到自由得像天空中的小鸟,开始说他的故事:“要知道,从前我是个木偶,跟现在一样。
One day I was about to become a boy, a real boy, but on account of my laziness and my hatred 5 of books, and because I listened to bad companions, I ran away from home. 一天我儿乎就要变成一个男孩,一个真正的男孩。但是由于我懒,不想读书,并且听信了坏同伴的话,我离开了家。
One beautiful morning, I awoke to find myself changed into a donkey—long ears, gray coat, even a tail! 一个美丽的早晨,我醒过来,发现自己变成了一头驴子,有长长的耳朵,灰色的皮毛,甚至还有—条尾巴!
What a shameful 6 day for me! I hope you will never experience one like it, dear Master. 对我来说这是多么可耻的一天啊!亲爱的主人,愿您永远不会经历这样的一天。
I was taken to the fair and sold to a Circus Owner, who tried to make me dance and jump through the rings. 我被牵到市场卖给了马戏班班主。他试着训练我跳舞,跳圈。
One night, during a performance, I had a bad fall and became lame 7. 一天晚上演出时,我狠狠地摔了一跤就瘸了。
Not knowing what to do with a lame donkey, the Circus Owner sent me to the market place and you bought me." 马戏班班主不知道用一头瘸腿驴子来干嘛,把我送到市场,您就把我给买来了。”
n.木偶
- With this marionette I wish to travel through the world.我希望带着这个木偶周游世界。
- The development of marionette had a great influence on the future development of opera.木偶戏的发展对以后的戏曲有十分重要的影响。
n.悲哀,苦痛,不幸,困难;int.用来表达悲伤或惊慌
- Our two peoples are brothers sharing weal and woe.我们两国人民是患难与共的兄弟。
- A man is well or woe as he thinks himself so.自认祸是祸,自认福是福。
vt.解开,松开;解放
- It's just impossible to untie the knot.It's too tight.这个结根本解不开。太紧了。
- Will you please untie the knot for me?请你替我解开这个结头,好吗?
松开,解开( untie的过去式和过去分词 ); 解除,使自由; 解决
- Once untied, we common people are able to conquer nature, too. 只要团结起来,我们老百姓也能移山倒海。
- He untied the ropes. 他解开了绳子。
n.憎恶,憎恨,仇恨
- He looked at me with hatred in his eyes.他以憎恨的眼光望着我。
- The old man was seized with burning hatred for the fascists.老人对法西斯主义者充满了仇恨。
adj.可耻的,不道德的
- It is very shameful of him to show off.他向人炫耀自己,真不害臊。
- We must expose this shameful activity to the newspapers.我们一定要向报社揭露这一无耻行径。
标签:
木偶奇遇记