木偶奇遇记 第156期:匹诺曹梦想成真(2)
英语课
Father and son were really about to drown when they heard a voice like a guitar out of tune 1 call from the sea: 父子眼看就要淹死了,这时候他们听见海里一个像走了调的吉他的声音说:
"What is the trouble?" "It is I and my poor father." “怎么啦?” “是我和我可怜的爸爸。”
"I know the voice. You are Pinocchio." "Exactly. And you?" “我知道这个声音。你是皮诺乔吧。”“正是,你是谁?”
"I am the Tunny, your companion in the Shark's stomach." “我是金枪鱼,你在鲨鱼肚子里的同伴。”
"And how did you escape?" “那你是怎么逃出来的?”
"I imitated your example. You are the one who showed me the way and after you went, I followed." “我学你逃出来的。我看见你怎么做的了,你走后我就跟着出来了。”
"Tunny, you arrived at the right moment! “金枪鱼,你来得正是时候!
I implore 2 you, for the love you bear your children, the little Tunnies, to help us, or we are lost!" 我求求你,就像爱你那些小金枪鱼那样救救我们吧,要不我们就完蛋了。”
"With great pleasure indeed. Hang onto my tail, both of you, and let me lead you. “我很荣幸。你们俩快抓住我的尾巴,让我带你们走。
In a twinkling you will be safe on land." 很快你们就可以安全上岸。”
Geppetto and Pinocchio, as you can easily imagine, did not refuse the invitation; 可想而知杰佩托和皮诺乔没有拒绝邀请。
indeed, instead of hanging onto the tail, they thought it better to climb on the Tunny's back. 实际上,他们爬上了金枪鱼的背,而不是抓住金枪鱼的尾巴。
"Are we too heavy?" asked Pinocchio. “我们是不是太重了?”皮诺乔问。
"Heavy? Not in the least. You are as light as sea-shells," answered the Tunny, who was as large as a two-year-old horse. “重?一点不重。你们像贝壳一样轻。”长得跟一匹两岁的马一样大的金枪鱼回答说。
As soon as they reached the shore, Pinocchio was the first to jump to the ground to help his old father. 他们刚到岸边,皮诺乔第一个跳上岸去帮他年迈的爸爸。
Then he turned to the fish and said to him: 然后他向金枪鱼转过身来,对它说:
"Dear friend, you have saved my father, and I have not enough words with which to thank you! “亲爱的朋友,你救了我的爸爸!我都不知该说什么话来好好谢你!
Allow me to embrace you as a sign of my eternal 3 gratitude 4." 让我抱抱你以表示我对你永世不忘的谢意!”
n.调子;和谐,协调;v.调音,调节,调整
- He'd written a tune,and played it to us on the piano.他写了一段曲子,并在钢琴上弹给我们听。
- The boy beat out a tune on a tin can.那男孩在易拉罐上敲出一首曲子。
vt.乞求,恳求,哀求
- I implore you to write. At least tell me you're alive.请给我音讯,让我知道你还活着。
- Please implore someone else's help in a crisis.危险时请向别人求助。
adj.永久的,无休止的,永恒的,永不改变的
- Stop this eternal chatter!不要唠叨个不停!
- Rome has been called the Eternal City.罗马一向被称为不朽之城。
标签:
木偶奇遇记