英语小达人 212 Here's My Answers
英语课
Here's My Answers
这是我的回答
In most offices, the photocopier 1 is out of order every now and then. One copy repairman had answered question after question for the employees 2.
大多数公司的复印机会时不时地出些故障。一个复印机维修工不得不没完没了地回答这些公司员工们的各种问题。
Finally one day, he just smiled and handed them this sheet.
终于有一天,他只是微笑着递给他们一张纸条,上面写着:
The copier is out of order!
这台复印机坏了!
Yes, we have called the service man.
是的,我们已经叫了维修人员。
Yes, he will be in today.
是的,他今天就会来。
No, we cannot fix it.
不,我们修不了。
No, we do not know how long it will take.
不,我们不知道修好它要用多长时间。
No, we do not know what caused it.
不,我们不知道是什么原因引起的。
No, we do not know who broke it.
不,我们不知道谁弄坏的。
Yes, we are keeping it.
是的,我们在修。
No, we do not know what you are going to do now.
不,我们不知道你们现在该怎么办。
Thank you.
谢谢。
重点讲解:
1. out of order
(机器、设备等)出故障,有毛病
eg. Their phone's out of order.
他们的电话坏了。
eg. He came to the conclusion that the machine was out of order.
他断定机器出了毛病。
2. every now and then
时而;有时;
eg. My father has a collection of magazines to which I return every now and then.
我爸爸收藏了很多杂志,我有时会翻看一下。
eg. Every now and then I get a bit terrified 3 when I'm home alone.
有时候,我独自在家的时候会感到恐惧。
n.复印机
- You've left your master in the photocopier.你把原件留在影印机里了。
- If the photocopier stops working,just give it a clout.如果那部影印机停止运转的话就敲它一下。
n.雇工,雇员( employee的名词复数 )
- She is always polite and considerate towards her employees. 她对待雇员总是客客气气,关心体谅。
- The company has a strict dress code—all male employees are expected to wear suits. 公司有严格的着装规定—所有男职员都要穿西服。