英语小达人 247 The Blue Silk Pajamas
英语课
蓝色丝绸睡衣
A man phoned home from his office and told his wife, "Something has just come up. I have a chance to go fishing for a week. It's the opportunity of a lifetime.
丈夫从单位给妻子打电话:“突然有些事情,我现有个去钓鱼的机会,要去一星期,这可是个难得的机会。”
"We leave right away. So pack my clothes, my fishing equipment, and especially my blue silk pajamas.
“我们马上就要出发。所以你要帮我收拾行装,装上我的钓具,带几件衣服,特别是我那套蓝色的丝绸睡衣。”
"I'll be home in an hour to pick them up."
“我一小时后到家取走。”
He went home in a hurry and grabbed everything and rushed off.
他急急忙忙回家,抓起行李就走了。
A week later he returned.
一个星期后,他回到家里。
His wife asked, "Did you have a good trip, dear?"
妻子问他:“亲爱的,玩儿得怎么样?”
He said, "Oh yes, great! But you forgot to pack my blue silk pajamas."
他说:“很好,很好!只是你忘了装我那套蓝色的丝绸睡衣。”
His wife smiled and said, "Oh no I didn't. I put them in your tackle box!"
她笑着说:“我没忘。我把它装在你的钓具箱里了。”
重点讲解:
1. come up
突然发生;
eg. I was delayed — something came up at home.
我耽搁了些时候——家里出了点事。
eg. Other projects came up and the emphasis of my work altered.
突然来了一些其他的项目,我的工作重点便转移了。
2. right away
立刻;立即;马上;
eg. He wants to see you right away.
他想马上见你。
eg. Right off I want to confess that I was wrong.
我立刻就想承认我错了。
3. in a hurry
急忙;匆忙;仓促;
eg. Eric left the barge 2 in a hurry.
埃里克匆忙离开了驳船。
eg. I'm in a hurry, so come to the point.
请直说吧,我很忙。
4. forget to do sth.
忘记做某事;
eg. On no account (do you) forget to lock the door.
千万别忘了锁门。
eg. Don't be so focused on looking for your weaknesses that you forget to ask about your strong points.
不要太关注寻找自己的弱点而却忘了问一问自己的强处。
n.睡衣裤
- At bedtime,I take off my clothes and put on my pajamas.睡觉时,我脱去衣服,换上睡衣。
- He was wearing striped pajamas.他穿着带条纹的睡衣裤。