迷你对话学地道口语第6期:寄生虫
时间:2018-12-03 作者:英语课 分类:迷你对话学地道口语
[00:00:01] Have you ever run into a person who tries bleed you white?
你有没有遇到一个把你榨干的一个人?
[00:07:20] I am always on the look out for such girls.
我一直在警惕这种女孩子。
[00:10:25] I hear that some guys slash 1 all their money about on them.
我听说有些人把钱都花在她们身上了。
[00:16:12] Mark is one of them.
马克就是其中的一个。
[00:17:55] He has trouble with a girl who turned out to be a dead beat.
他碰到一个女孩竟然是一个赖账的人。
习语:a dead beat
讲解:a dead beat 的意思与moocher的意思相近,都是指借钱不还的人。但是a dead beat更强调借钱后的赖账行为。除此之外,a dead beat还有不劳而食,游手好闲的人,或寄生虫的意思。这个习语即可做名词也可作动词,做名词时,侧重于指赖账的人;做动词时,一般是指寄生,不劳而食。
迷你对话:
A :Have you everrun intoa person who triesbleed you white?
你有没有遇到一个把你榨干的一个人?
B :I am alwayson the look out forsuch girls.
我一直在警惕这种女孩子。
A :I hear that some guyssplash all their money about onthem.
我听说有些人把钱都花在她们身上了。
B :Mark is one of them. Hehas trouble witha girl who turned out to bea dead beat.
马克就是其中的一个。他碰到一个女孩竟然是一个赖账的人。
好词妙语:
run into:偶然遇见
I ran into Bob yesterday on main street.
昨天我在大街上偶然遇到了鲍勃。
He has run into trouble in his job.
他的工作遇到了麻烦。
blood sb white:把某人榨干
look out:留神,注意
Tell the children to look out when they cross the main street.
告诉孩子们过大街时要当心。
I shall look out that I don't trust him again.
我要留神不再信任他了。
Look out the milk doesn't spill.
当心不要让牛奶溢出来。
on the look out for sb:堤防警戒某人
splash 2 one's money about:挥霍金钱
splash one's money about on sb:把金钱挥霍在某人身上
have a trouble with:和某人之间有麻烦事情
I have a lot trouble with pronunciation.
我在语音方面有许多困难。
They married in haste and had a lot of trouble
他们结婚草率懊恼多。
turn out:结果是
How do you think the match will turn out?
你想比赛结果会是怎么样?