时间:2019-01-02 作者:英语课 分类:冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》


英语课

   I cannot answer for the gods, Your Grace?.?.?.?only for what I found when I rode into the throne room that day, Ned said.  "陛下,我没法替神灵回答您的问题……我只知道当我骑马进入红堡大厅时,"奈德道,


  Aerys was dead on the floor, drowned in his own blood. His dragon skulls 1 stared down from the walls. Lannister’s men were everywhere.  "伊里斯倒卧血泊,墙上龙骨冷冷地看着他。四处都是兰尼斯特的手下,
  Jaime wore the white cloak of the Kingsguard over his golden armor. I can see him still.  詹姆穿着亮金战甲,外罩御林铁卫的白披风,
  Even his sword was gilded 2. He was seated on the Iron Throne, high above his knights 3, wearing a helm fashioned in the shape of a lion’s head. How he glittered! 还有金色的宝剑,那景象直到现在还历历在目。他坐在铁王座上,高耸于众武士之中,狮头面罩下,威风凛凛,好不意气风发!"
  This is well known, the king complained. "这是众人皆知的事嘛!"国王抱怨。
  I was still mounted. I rode the length of the hall in silence, between the long rows of dragon skulls.  "当时我人在马上,骑进正殿,穿过一排排巨龙颅骨,
  It felt as though they were watching me, somehow. I stopped in front of the throne, looking up at him.  我有种感觉,仿佛他们正看着我。最后我停在王座之前,抬头望他。
  His golden sword was across his legs, its edge red with a king’s blood. My men were filling the room behind me.  他把黄金宝剑横陈于大腿之上,国王的血从剑尖不断滴落。这时我的人也涌进大厅,
  Lannister’s men drew back. I never said a word. I looked at him seated there on the throne, and I waited. At last Jaime laughed and got up.  兰尼斯特的部队则不断后退。我半个字也没说,只静静地盯着他坐在王位上的模样,耐心等待。最后他笑着站起来,
  He took off his helm, and he said to me, ‘Have no fear, Stark 4. I was only keeping it warm for our friend Robert.  摘下头盔对我说:'史塔克,可别瞎担心哟,我只是先帮咱们劳勃暖暖位子罢了。
  It’s not a very comfortable seat, I’m afraid.’  不过这把椅子恐怕坐起来不大舒服哪!'"

颅骨( skull的名词复数 ); 脑袋; 脑子; 脑瓜
  • One of the women's skulls found exceeds in capacity that of the average man of today. 现已发现的女性颅骨中,其中有一个的脑容量超过了今天的普通男子。
  • We could make a whole plain white with skulls in the moonlight! 我们便能令月光下的平原变白,遍布白色的骷髅!
a.镀金的,富有的
  • The golden light gilded the sea. 金色的阳光使大海如金子般闪闪发光。
  • "Friends, they are only gilded disks of lead!" "朋友们,这只不过是些镀金的铅饼! 来自英汉文学 - 败坏赫德莱堡
骑士; (中古时代的)武士( knight的名词复数 ); 骑士; 爵士; (国际象棋中)马
  • stories of knights and fair maidens 关于骑士和美女的故事
  • He wove a fascinating tale of knights in shining armour. 他编了一个穿着明亮盔甲的骑士的迷人故事。
adj.荒凉的;严酷的;完全的;adv.完全地
  • The young man is faced with a stark choice.这位年轻人面临严峻的抉择。
  • He gave a stark denial to the rumor.他对谣言加以完全的否认。
标签: 权力的游戏
学英语单词