英语小达人 143 Brilliant Fish
英语课
Brilliant Fish
出色的鱼
After a long day of fishing, all the fisherman had caught was one small, red salmon 1. He was about to kill it when the salmon shouted, "Wait, I'm much too small!"
渔夫钓了一整天的鱼,只钓到一只小小的红色鲑鱼。他准备杀鱼时,鲑鱼竟然大叫:“等一下,我还太小啦!”
"Wow, you can talk," the fisherman exclaimed, "What's your name?"
“哇,你会说话呀,”渔夫惊叫道:“你叫什么名字?”
"Rusty 2," replied the salmon.
“洛斯蒂,”鲑鱼回答。
"Please throw me back into the sea!" The fisherman, not wanting to kill the talking salmon, threw it back into the water.
“请把我丢回海里!”渔夫不想杀一条会说话的鱼,便把它丢回水里。
One year later, the man was fishing the same spot when he again caught Rusty!
一年后,这名渔夫在同一个地方钓鱼,竟又钓到洛斯蒂!
"Amazing," exclaimed the fisherman, "What have you been doing since I last caught you?"
"真是意外,"渔夫惊叫道:“上回钓到你以后,你过得还好吗?”
"I've been sitting on the wreck 3 of the good ship Titanic 4 writing poetry. I find some of my best inspiration there."
“我一直待在铁达尼号这艘好船的残骸上写诗,那里给我的灵感简直源源不绝。”
The fisherman read some of the poems, "These are very good. Have you thought about publishing any of them? " he asked. "What about a title? Have you thought of a title for them?"
渔夫读了几首诗后说道:“这些诗很不错啊,你有想过要出版吗?”他问道:“书名呢?你有想过要用什么书名吗?”
After some thought the fish remarked, "I'll call them 'Salmon Rusty's Titanic Verses.'"
鲑鱼想了一会儿说道:“我要用‘鲑鱼洛斯蒂的铁达尼诗集’。”
n.鲑,大马哈鱼,橙红色的
- We saw a salmon jumping in the waterfall there.我们看见一条大马哈鱼在那边瀑布中跳跃。
- Do you have any fresh salmon in at the moment?现在有新鲜大马哈鱼卖吗?
adj.生锈的;锈色的;荒废了的
- The lock on the door is rusty and won't open.门上的锁锈住了。
- I haven't practiced my French for months and it's getting rusty.几个月不用,我的法语又荒疏了。
n.失事,遇难;沉船;vt.(船等)失事,遇难
- Weather may have been a factor in the wreck.天气可能是造成这次失事的原因之一。
- No one can wreck the friendship between us.没有人能够破坏我们之间的友谊。