英语小达人 127 A Girl in Grocery Store
英语课
A Girl in Grocery Store
第6单元 杂货店的女孩
A guy observed a woman in the grocery store with a three-year-old girl in her basket.
有个人在杂货店里注意到一名妇女,篮子里带着一个三岁小女孩。
As they passed the cookie section, the child asked for chocolate and her mother told her “Not now.”
她们经过饼干区时,小女孩向妈妈要巧克力,妈妈告诉她:“现在不行。”
The little girl immediately began to get upset, and the mother remarked quietly, “Now Tina, we just have half of the aisles 2 left to go through; don't be upset. It won't be long.”
小女孩马上一脸不悦,这时妈妈轻声说道:“听着蒂纳,我们只有半条走道可以过,不要生气,不会耽搁太久的。”
He passed the Mother again in the candy aisle 1. Of course, the little girl began to shout for candy. When she was told she couldn't have any, she began to cry.
他又在糖果区那里经过这个妈妈旁边,当然啰,小女孩又吵着要糖果,而且要不到后还哭了起来。
The mother remarked, “There, there, Tina. Only a little bit longer, and then we'll be checking out.”
妈妈说:“好啦,好啦,蒂纳。只要再一下下就可以结账了。”
The guy again happened to be behind the pair at the checkout 3, where the little girl immediately began to clamor for a toy and burst into tears upon discovering there would be no toy for her.
结账时,这个人碰巧又排在这对母女后面,看到小女孩一到柜台便开始吵着要玩具;结果发现没玩具后又突然哭了起来。
The mother patiently remarked, “Tina, we'll be through this check out stand in ten minutes, and then we can go home.”
妈妈耐心地说:“蒂纳,我们十分钟便可结完账,然后就可以回家了。”
The guy followed them out of the store and stopped the woman to compliment 4 her. “I couldn't help noticing how patient you were with little Tina ...”
这个人跟着她们走出杂货店,接着上前称赞这名妇女说:“我特别注意到你对小蒂纳真是有耐心.”
The mother said, “My little girl's name is Shelia... I'm Tina.”
这个妈妈说道:“我的小女儿名叫席拉.我才是蒂纳。”
n.(教堂、教室、戏院等里的)过道,通道
- The aisle was crammed with people.过道上挤满了人。
- The girl ushered me along the aisle to my seat.引座小姐带领我沿着通道到我的座位上去。
n. (席位间的)通道, 侧廊
- Aisles were added to the original Saxon building in the Norman period. 在诺曼时期,原来的萨克森风格的建筑物都增添了走廊。
- They walked about the Abbey aisles, and presently sat down. 他们走到大教堂的走廊附近,并且很快就坐了下来。
n.(超市等)收银台,付款处
- Could you pay at the checkout.你能在结帐处付款吗。
- A man was wheeling his shopping trolley to the checkout.一个男人正推着购物车向付款台走去。
n.[pl.]问候,致意;n./v. 称赞,恭维
- The manager paid her a compliment on her work.经理赞扬了她的工作。
- Your presence is a great compliment.承蒙光临,不胜荣幸。